Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AceInfinity - New Microsoft MVP (2012)
What exactly does this give you? I have a MCITP/MCTS and two MTA's.

Those are all microsoft qualifications, does this MVP cost anything or? I've never heard of it Tongue
We're all very proud of you Ace. I've noticed you helping out people ever since I joined Support Forums. You definitely deserve it. Blackhat
Keep up the terrific work!
Really nice achievement bro. Congrats and keep up the excellent work Thumbsup .
Eligible.
Congrats Ace you deserve it! Smile
[Image: IYOy9.png]
(01-24-2012, 01:04 AM)Sam Wrote: What exactly does this give you? I have a MCITP/MCTS and two MTA's.

Those are all microsoft qualifications, does this MVP cost anything or? I've never heard of it Tongue

Doesn't cost anything, if anything it costs Microsoft. I'm getting an award package sent to my address from the Microsoft Headquarters in a week I believe? Or however many business days it takes, but the confirmed shipment was just yesterday. More information on Microsoft MVP's can be looked up Smile

There's a global summit meeting in Washington DC at the Microsoft HQ in a couple months I believe, and all MVP's are invited, but I might not be able to make it.

I get access to confidential information that I am agreed not to reveal to anyone as it violates my contract (NDA), but I basically have some rights to help Microsoft improve their stuff. If I wanted to I could help contribute in the form of words or code to Windows OS itself I believe, but there's a license agreement for that as well i'm sure.

They are a team of people specialized in their aspect of knowledge, and a group of leadership members basically. So far in Canada (where I live) there has been less than 200 nominee's since the time it started which was quite a few years back, and to be one of those people I think is a great achievement Smile

Thanks for the messages everyone, I do appreciate it!
~Ace
Just how difficult is it to become an MVP? I mean, how do they prevent people from pretending to be very knowledgeable about something when really they're not? What's the process that they go through in order to decide whether or not you should be an MVP (there must be some requirements)?

Congrats by the way.
(01-24-2012, 05:37 PM)Fragma Wrote: Just how difficult is it to become an MVP? I mean, how do they prevent people from pretending to be very knowledgeable about something when really they're not? What's the process that they go through in order to decide whether or not you should be an MVP (there must be some requirements)?

Congrats by the way.

You're supposed to provide proof of any speaches you've done or things you've taught which contribute to the tech world. This also includes online proof, such as being a member on forums, websites, etc... And they will review you personally for up to a period of a year, until they make a decision to accept or reject you I believe. But you can also be promoted by current MVP's which recommend or suggest people.

Apparently i've heard that I was suggested by an MVP though. I'm not sure which one it was, although i've been a member on forums and contributed alongside other MVP's on various threads for a while. I did submit a personal application more than half a year ago though as well.

They do hold that MVP logo quite highly under copyright rules though, and terms that define who is allowed to use it and who isn't by law though. I was reading a full page of words on how even myself now as an MVP was required to use it, and how I may not use it.
(01-24-2012, 05:37 PM)Fragma Wrote: Just how difficult is it to become an MVP? I mean, how do they prevent people from pretending to be very knowledgeable about something when really they're not? What's the process that they go through in order to decide whether or not you should be an MVP (there must be some requirements)?

Congrats by the way.
Either you nominate yourself, or someone nominates you. Then a board of reviewers completely review what you have done and said. Then they make a decision on whether or not to accept you. No exact requirements, except you have to be over the age of 18 sadly.

There was a girl from Pakistan that passed away not too long ago who was nominated as MCP though at the age of 9, but this nomination occurred a few years ago, and the rules were changed I believe since then, as an age requirement that you must be 18 or older.

Information on that here: http://reboot.pro/16231/page__fromsearch__1
(01-24-2012, 05:52 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: There was a girl from Pakistan that passed away not too long ago who was nominated as MCP though at the age of 9, but this nomination occurred a few years ago, and the rules were changed I believe since then, as an age requirement that you must be 18 or older.

Yea I was actually reading the TOS or parts of it for once, and I knew it was going to say it. Everything I want to enter I have to be 18 for. It is some real bullshit. XNA licence, GoogleAdSense, partnerships on most sites, MMVP (I wouldn't even now either way), Facebooks hacker cup. It just aggravates me, considering I am a better dev then some people way older then me. Age means nothing with learning, as we do have the internet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Fix 0x80d02017 Microsoft Store error code? jackhenry 0 416 04-03-2020, 07:08 AM
Last Post: jackhenry
  Kony 2012 - Please Read Fragma 26 2,903 03-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Gootch
  Giants Win Super Bowl 2012 Omniscient 13 1,739 02-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Last Post: JUAN9087™
  MSDN Subscription 2012 AceInfinity 20 2,789 02-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Ron Paul 2012? Cobalt 3 614 05-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Last Post: eax