Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AceInfinity - New Microsoft MVP (2012)
I would like to proudly announce that I am officially a 2012 Microsoft MVP Smile

I hope to continue to help people around the forum and contribute in the supportive way that I have been using around the forum in the past! I just felt like I wanted to share the news with you guys as i'm pretty happy about it!

It does come with strict guidelines though so unfortunately I CANNOT give you details and updates from Microsoft that I am given now that I have this new responsibility under their MVP program.

Yeye
Can you elaborate a bit on this? What is a Microsoft MVP?
You have never heard of a Microsoft MVP? Huh

They are seen all around SevenForums, but more can be found from the Microsoft official website. I am currently 1 out of the approx. 200 people in Canada that has been accepted. Smile
Congratulations! Seems like quite an achievement.
It is for me anyways! Smile I'm happy, i'll be receiving an MVP T-Shirt and a glass award soon I believe as well.

Regardless, now we have 2 Microsoft MVP's on TechLifeForum (http://tech.reboot.pro)

Pirate
Wow congratz to you. What field/specialty/category are you in?
I got in for Visual Studio and as a Windows Expert Customer, also for my knowledge in Crash Dump Analysis, which is a part a few MVP's also take part in that I personally know. The MVP we currently have that signed up for my forum ZigZag3143 is also a very experienced Crash dump analyzer, as well as another MVP Capt.Jack Sparrow (not on my forum but one i've met at W7Forums, who particularly specializes in BSOD Analysis).
I've always wanted to become an MVP! So excited for you. It's excellent to have an MVP presence on SF as a support board. Can you recommend to me the best way to go about becoming an MVP would be?
You need to dedicate your time to extensive support around various forums that revolve around Microsoft Windows mainly. I've been a member of countless forums for quite a while and often providing active support on each. It helps to keep an updated blog as well for all your stuff, but you need to show responsibility in the tech world, and that you're actively making contributions somewhere out there.

It's mainly support and contributions.

I've been a member of various Windows forums:

-SevenForums
-W7Forums
-Windows7Forums
-Win8Forums
-etc...

Along with MSDN Forums, and various others like

-Reboot
-TechLifeForum
-SupportForums
-etc...

Some of the forums i've been a member at, and these were big forums quite a while ago are no longer around though or have changed names or something.

Then there's others like TechNet. But i've been around lots of Windows Forums and providing BSOD support and Programming support mainly. I'm not really sure what their criteria are, all I know is that they choose a select few people when it comes time for other MVP's to nominate or evaluate new submissions. This new select few I think only was displayed for Canada (where I live) and I seen a list of around 10 people, but that may just be for my region.

You can also get it by showing that you've contributed to classes that you've taught or public speaking events that you've attended for things related to what they select Microsoft MVP's for.
(01-21-2012, 03:01 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: You need to dedicate your time to extensive support around various forums that revolve around Microsoft Windows mainly. I've been a member of countless forums for quite a while and often providing active support on each. It helps to keep an updated blog as well for all your stuff, but you need to show responsibility in the tech world, and that you're actively making contributions somewhere out there.

It's mainly support and contributions.

I've been a member of various Windows forums:

-SevenForums
-W7Forums
-Windows7Forums
-Win8Forums
-etc...

Along with MSDN Forums, and various others like

-Reboot
-TechLifeForum
-SupportForums
-etc...

Some of the forums i've been a member at, and these were big forums quite a while ago are no longer around though or have changed names or something.

Then there's others like TechNet. But i've been around lots of Windows Forums and providing BSOD support and Programming support mainly. I'm not really sure what their criteria are, all I know is that they choose a select few people when it comes time for other MVP's to nominate or evaluate new submissions. This new select few I think only was displayed for Canada (where I live) and I seen a list of around 10 people, but that may just be for my region.

You can also get it by showing that you've contributed to classes that you've taught or public speaking events that you've attended for things related to what they select Microsoft MVP's for.

Thank you very much for the information. You should see if Omniscient will embed that badge of yours into your postbit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Fix 0x80d02017 Microsoft Store error code? jackhenry 0 411 04-03-2020, 07:08 AM
Last Post: jackhenry
  Kony 2012 - Please Read Fragma 26 2,899 03-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Gootch
  Giants Win Super Bowl 2012 Omniscient 13 1,732 02-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Last Post: JUAN9087™
  MSDN Subscription 2012 AceInfinity 20 2,765 02-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Ron Paul 2012? Cobalt 3 610 05-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Last Post: eax