Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AceInfinity - New Microsoft MVP (2012)
If he does he has to use the exact same image unmodified. And it must allow me to put my date in there as it's required by terms of use for when I use that image. Microsoft has strict rules against anyone else other than an MVP using that image. I can't alter it in any way, the only thing I can do is resize it, so long as I keep the proportion the exact same, and it's still legible for what it says on it. I have to have a certain amount of space around the image that is blank as well.

Better thing would be to have a userbar with my title as MVP.
(01-21-2012, 03:36 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Better thing would be to have a userbar with my title as MVP.

Like the one on your site? I don't like it. Just looks silly and anyone could have that. The official logo (which you have now) is where it's at. Tongue

I've seen MVP logos on other sites without the date/time they've been an MVP for as well. I'm pretty sure you don't need to include that... Also, isn't there a few other formats of that image you could use?
(01-21-2012, 03:57 AM)King Wrote: Like the one on your site? I don't like it. Just looks silly and anyone could have that. The official logo (which you have now) is where it's at. Tongue

I've seen MVP logos on other sites without the date/time they've been an MVP for as well. I'm pretty sure you don't need to include that... Also, isn't there a few other formats of that image you could use?

I know anyone can make a userbar haha, but if I was to put the image that I have in my signature in there, that would take up a ton of space lol. Especially since I can't resize it too much, or the text is unreadable.

I'm not sure, but that's what i've been reading, they have changed their standards over the years, and new standards may only apply to new MVP's. I've seen more horizontal oriented graphics as well instead of the vertical one I have, but i'd need to check to make sure where I can get that and if I can use it. I've seen other MVP's talk about this so I should be allowed to as well, but I get access to a private forum soon as well. Maybe i'll be able to ask there, otherwise i'll contact my MVP lead.

I do know that I can't even merge this image unmodified over another image I have in photoshop or any kind of image editor, it can't be combined with any other image at all.
Here are some other designs.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6DvmzgV-o20/TC...00/mvp.png
http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2005/11/02/...vplogo.png
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...eAW5Lj444r

I recon if you resize the second one properly, it could work well in the postbit. I guess it'd suit me better since I'm using the classic layout.
Yeah, i've seen that horizontal one, but that's a huge image, resizing it will definitely result in a loss of quality, I can get a more realistic sized on on the private forums, but I still need to clarify first. I'm still the new guy to the community Smile
(01-21-2012, 05:14 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Yeah, i've seen that horizontal one, but that's a huge image, resizing it will definitely result in a loss of quality, I can get a more realistic sized on on the private forums, but I still need to clarify first. I'm still the new guy to the community Smile

True. Well, all the best mate. I'm very proud of you. Thumbsup
(01-21-2012, 05:57 AM)King Wrote: True. Well, all the best mate. I'm very proud of you. Thumbsup

Thankyou Smile I appreciate that, currently trying to get my (MVP) title beside my MSDN forums username, but contacting my MVP lead he's currently on a vacation, so i'll have to wait a few days possibly until he returns, depending on when he went on vacation.
yuppiiii bro congratulations ! so happy for you , u truly deserve dat Smile . congrats again and keep up d gud work , u rock as always , hope u remember me Sad
(01-21-2012, 06:51 AM)prince76 Wrote: yuppiiii bro congratulations ! so happy for you , u truly deserve dat Smile . congrats again and keep up d gud work , u rock as always , hope u remember me Sad

Yes I remember you Smile I helped you out with a couple problems you were having with your computer.
(01-21-2012, 07:00 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Yes I remember you Smile I helped you out with a couple problems you were having with your computer.

yeah ! Big Grin and iam having some more nd let u know soon ! coz now i wanna learn java Sad so my whole concentration is on dat Big Grin can i ask u somethin related 2 dat ;)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Fix 0x80d02017 Microsoft Store error code? jackhenry 0 416 04-03-2020, 07:08 AM
Last Post: jackhenry
  Kony 2012 - Please Read Fragma 26 2,908 03-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Gootch
  Giants Win Super Bowl 2012 Omniscient 13 1,739 02-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Last Post: JUAN9087™
  MSDN Subscription 2012 AceInfinity 20 2,789 02-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Ron Paul 2012? Cobalt 3 614 05-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Last Post: eax