Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FIXED]Infected with b.exe
HAS BEEN FIXED THANKS TO Codine

Well, I don't know how, perhaps I accidentally clicked on a link that I shouldn't have clicked on, but every 30 minutes or so, b.exe is activated somehow.
Every time I notice it I kill the process (@ Task Manager > Processes)...
At the same time I noticed b.exe for the first time a few days ago, there was another Trojan called msa.exe, if you google msa.exe or b.exe it seems that they are very dangerous and that alot of people have been infected with them and are trying to get rid of them. By googling them I've been able to get rid of msa.exe, but I just don't know how to get rid of b.exe, I don't even know what it does.
Some links that I thought would be helpful:
http://www.file.net/process/b.exe.html
http://www.ncsu.edu/resnet/viruses/talkstocks.php

Thanks in advance,

Sharan
|| Rules || Market ||
[Image: t6e147.gif]
Perform a full scan with Malwarebytes, make sure up update it first, this should remove it.

Let me know if this helps.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Alright, I'll download the free version and install it.
I will edit this post when the scan is done.

EDIT: Oh, and do I run the scan after b.exe is active or can I run the scan any time to find/delete it?
|| Rules || Market ||
(10-27-2009, 06:03 AM)`Sharan Wrote: EDIT: Oh, and do I run the scan after b.exe is active or can I run the scan any time to find/delete it?

You can scan anytime.
It'll be in your files active, or not.
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
Alright, well it is scanning right now and already 43 files found infected lawl.
Yeah I barely use Anti-Virus programs :\
|| Rules || Market ||
After you've run that, download AVG free edition, update it, and perform a FULL system scan, not quick... Uninstall AVG, download avast and do the same.

And, after that... download HijackThis, and paste me the log. Smile
Ok, I guess.
Btw, Codine, I heard Kasparsky can delete b.exe or something, because in another forum I read that someone else who had this virus tried alot of anti-virus programs but only Kasparsky successfully deleted b.exe, although I'm not sure exactly what programs he DID use. So I'll just take your advice ;)

Oh, and: http://www.superantispyware.com/malwarefiles/B.EXE.html

P.S. How long does a full scan usually take?
|| Rules || Market ||
(10-27-2009, 06:27 AM)`Sharan Wrote: Ok, I guess.
Btw, Codine, I heard Kasparsky can delete b.exe or something, because in another forum I read that someone else who had this virus tried alot of anti-virus programs but only Kasparsky successfully deleted b.exe, although I'm not sure exactly what programs he DID use. So I'll just take your advice ;)

Oh, and: http://www.superantispyware.com/malwarefiles/B.EXE.html

P.S. How long does a full scan usually take?

Download kaspersky then, or use their online scanner. Smile

A full system scan, could take some time, but providing you've updated it.. It should find alot of/if not all the virus' on your computer.

Has Malwarebytes found anything yet??
Lol.. you wouldn't believe..
It found loads, I'm ashamed.
217 Infected files, mostly found at System32.
Scan completed, what do I do? Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or do I delete the infected files?
|| Rules || Market ||
You remove the infected files, and then reboot. Smile And then do another scan just to make sure it's been removed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am Infected Give some good suggestions heartylover 11 3,976 03-12-2015, 03:19 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  Infected - Can't Start System Restore srcstcbstrd 2 1,524 08-17-2014, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Autopost
  [Think You're Infected?! LOOK HERE] Infested Cleaner [White Hat Heper] Infested Terran 11 4,600 02-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Svchost.exe many of them Miku 11 3,278 01-05-2012, 04:20 AM
Last Post: hackopz
  Help. Infected with Adware.Toolbar.Dealio Resistance 3 3,509 11-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Resistance