Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seo help for my forum
(09-20-2011, 04:27 AM)Ace Wrote: No that's definitely someone else lol, the forum has been modified quite a bit though, I've edited the images to expand the content width of the forum, and several other templates for the visual to fit the rest of what we have available. You can take a look at the IRC page we've made to fit the forum theme: http://www.techlifeforum.net/livechat/chat.html

Even though it's not super active now, my plan was to activate that as a tech support area for those who want live chat support. All requests must be followed by a thread in the forum though, as my only condition. (that's definitely in the future though, i'm not worried about the IRC right now)

Looks very nice Ace Smile I never knew you knew so much but really its awesome. I don't know if I am supposed to ask this question or not but do you/have you ever made money with forums or made money online?
I haven't really started my forum for making money. I just want it to be successful for my own happiness what about you though?
[Image: IYOy9.png]
As I can see, Ace can handle this, though one thing is important to know about Search Engines.
Google for example, will look first for sites that have a domain that matches the typed keywords, second step is, it looks for pages that contain quality (yes google bot can recognize this) content based on the typed keywords, and then it looks for popular pages within these results. Popular pages are the ones that have most back-links, a back-link is link to your page on another page.

Backlinks are the most important thing for a website, then comes the "quality" content....
To get a decent amount of Back-links you will need to advertise your forum, for example in a signature like the most do, this is quite a good way to generate amazing amounts of backlinks, be aware that your signature doesn't help if the topic in the thread isn't like th main topic of your Forum, other way is to ask for link exchange on sites that cover your topics.

Just get out and spread the word, google can find you if no one yells your sites address...
(09-20-2011, 04:31 AM)♛TechFreak♛™ Wrote: Looks very nice Ace Smile I never knew you knew so much but really its awesome. I don't know if I am supposed to ask this question or not but do you/have you ever made money with forums or made money online?
I haven't really started my forum for making money. I just want it to be successful for my own happiness what about you though?

TechLifeForum was initially created just to provide a decent community for people to enjoy, and serve as a great knowledgebase for any computer-related information. So this next step that we're about to make seems really appealing to us, as it will definitely raise the recognition for our forum and expand on twice the amount of content available for everyone else. Ultimately it was built for the community itself, not for money or any personal benefits for us. I just wanted a forum that everyone could enjoy, and a place where great knowledge comes free.

Look at the post Gaijin made, he's a good member on our forum as well (I know him as the PHP lover lol Smile ) but he raises great points. backlinks are the easiest way out, and content is very important. Duplicate content will be penalized though for SEO which is why I always remove spammer posts from my forum. Much easier than telling a search engine not to look at specific content if I was to place these posts somewhere on my forum and keep them instead of removing them. But even if it makes your overall forum stats go up (if you were hiding that junk spam like some forums do from regular members) I would rather have quality content wasting space on my forum instead.
(09-20-2011, 04:32 AM)Gaijin Wrote: As I can see, Ace can handle this, though one thing is important to know about Search Engines.
Google for example, will look first for sites that have a domain that matches the typed keywords, second step is, it looks for pages that contain quality (yes google bot can recognize this) content based on the typed keywords, and then it looks for popular pages within these results. Popular pages are the ones that have most back-links, a back-link is link to your page on another page.

Backlinks are the most important thing for a website, then comes the "quality" content....
To get a decent amount of Back-links you will need to advertise your forum, for example in a signature like the most do, this is quite a good way to generate amazing amounts of backlinks, be aware that your signature doesn't help if the topic in the thread isn't like th main topic of your Forum, other way is to ask for link exchange on sites that cover your topics.

Just get out and spread the word, google can find you if no one yells your sites address...

I have been advertising my forum quite a lot.. I am even doing back-linking in .edu forums and spreading the word.. I even submitted by forum to many search engines.. Google does visit my forum OFF and ON but no other search engine has entered my forum apart from google Smile
(09-20-2011, 04:39 AM)Ace Wrote: TechLifeForum was initially created just to provide a decent community for people to enjoy, and serve as a great knowledgebase for any computer-related information. So this next step that we're about to make seems really appealing to us, as it will definitely raise the recognition for our forum and expand on twice the amount of content available for everyone else. Ultimately it was built for the community itself, not for money or any personal benefits for us. I just wanted a forum that everyone could enjoy, and a place where great knowledge comes free.

Look at the post Gaijin made, he's a good member on our forum as well (I know him as the PHP lover lol Smile ) but he raises great points. backlinks are the easiest way out, and content is very important. Duplicate content will be penalized though for SEO which is why I always remove spammer posts from my forum. Much easier than telling a search engine not to look at specific content if I was to place these posts somewhere on my forum and keep them instead of removing them. But even if it makes your overall forum stats go up (if you were hiding that junk spam like some forums do from regular members) I would rather have quality content wasting space on my forum instead.

ah i see Smile Thanks for the tips Ace .. You really are a rock-star Big Grin
Well, you selcted a Topic that is wide spread, most of the sites covering the same topics as yours are way longer on the Internet ten yours, Old === Good...
They have had more time then you to get their base, and now it's all self running, people promote by them self, no need to ask or even beg them. They already have an enormous amount of back-links, so you can't overpass them in a day/week/month, this requires full-time advertising in order to even get on like 2nd page.

Your forum is too empty, Google Bot will never consider it quality, sorry but it is that way. (with other SE's too)
So what you first need to do is either fill your forum with information, or strip it down so that the current info can fill it.
As useless as this piece of advice may sound, you really do have to think outside of the box, so that you're always advancing more than your competition. If you're doing the same things as everyone else is doing, how does that put you higher than they are if they are doing the same thing at the same time?

Off topic, I was curious to see how facebook was doing while being on this topic. They are about 2/3 of what Google is at for being indexed right now. That's crazy... Youtube isn't even 1/6 of what facebook is for indexing.
(09-20-2011, 04:54 AM)Gaijin Wrote: Well, you selcted a Topic that is wide spread, most of the sites covering the same topics as yours are way longer on the Internet ten yours, Old === Good...
They have had more time then you to get their base, and now it's all self running, people promote by them self, no need to ask or even beg them. They already have an enormous amount of back-links, so you can't overpass them in a day/week/month, this requires full-time advertising in order to even get on like 2nd page.

Your forum is too empty, Google Bot will never consider it quality, sorry but it is that way. (with other SE's too)
So what you first need to do is either fill your forum with information, or strip it down so that the current info can fill it.

Okay, I kinda stripped away stuff.. Its looks kinda better and I will the places which r still empty.. I hope it should be better now? What do u think now?
Combine things, generalize forums, and you'll get more activity in them, for example, you can have music previews, and music production, and music theory, but why not combine them into one forum named Music?

Same thing with sports and entertainment on your forum
(09-20-2011, 05:06 AM)Ace Wrote: Combine things, generalize forums, and you'll get more activity in them, for example, you can have music previews, and music production, and music theory, but why not combine them into one forum named Music?

Same thing with sports and entertainment on your forum

Yes, but then the competition would be even worse and its looks too congested according to me..
and you are right Facebook had magic and it was lucky too .
I mean facebook had tons of competition and even after that it is successful as hell...
Competition? what do you mean? you're generalizing for more activity in your forum, the content stays the same, so it doesn't affect in anyway the competition you'll have. But if it raises more activity, then you'll have lesser competition because of a greater SEO.

I've put it this way for many other poeple.

Greater activity in which case do you think? (Room = Forum, People = User)
a) 10 rooms, 10 people
b) 1 room 10 people

case b) would be the same effect as generalizing and reducing your forums into lesser areas.

To start you had about the number of forums SF had, but you're a fraction of the size of this forum. Even now Omni is reluctant to provide more forums yet because it still needs to grow here, we need more activity on SF still.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SEO help for my new forum GangForums.Org 13 2,211 10-15-2015, 12:56 AM
Last Post: ransiplick
  Active Forum - Bad SEO CharlieA+ 5 1,021 03-23-2015, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Kdstack