Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Manga attempt
Could i get some opions/ C&C on this please? I made it for a friend, he wanted a character on the welcome screen of his forum Tongue

[Image: rg_manga_girl__coloured_by_kamisoyokaze-d47z926.png]
Its good, way better than I can do, but... It looks a little fake, not that kind of fake, but like the fake as in non professional.

Good job on it though.
Sig removed. Not appropriate for SF.
Face part is OK , but the body part hell. If you'r adding outline in every part of body then do it. Right arm doesn't have a outline ( looks bad to me ) . And do the shading little more , like you have done good shading in face in neck , but you left in rest of body parts.

Try to make it more realistic , practice man , a long way to go.
It looks good except for the fact that her arms look like they are drawn! You don't want that look when you are doing these kinds of art pieces! Good try and keep up the good work!
As a Manga artist I can advice you with a lot but I'll try keep this short, ok? =]

First of all study anatomy in a none anime style, study anatomy in a realism style as this will help a lot when drawing anime.
(don't concentrate so much on realism faces but more on limbs and body)

Next when begining a drawing draw a stick man in your selected pose.
(yes this does have a purpose, it'll help you get all the joins and proportions correct such as elbows which you seem to have drawn very low, remember upper and lower arms are approx the same length and hands only reach to mid/upper thigh. Arms are not as long as you have drawn them)

As for the bust area, the neck you have drawn is much to wide (even for a pro wrestler) I suggest observing a lot of anime and you'll easily find a simple way of fixing this error.

The mouth and nose could use a little correcting where as the eyes need making drastically smaller in width as their currently nearly taking up the entire width of the head, which is also a little off. Maybe look at a head drawing tutorial for this? It's nice to see that you have placed the eyes in the mid of the face however. =]

As for the colouring I would personally ditch the current style you're going for with the hair and body and try Cell shading first. This is a simple form of colouring anime and will help you get used to defining muscles. You can then develope on that form of colouring when you get more used to those aspects.

I hope this helps you out and such and feel free to ask me any questions and I will try my hardest to answer them, enjoy art and have fun ^^ <3
Eh, I don't personally like Manga but it's good.
[Image: 2.png]
Thats freakin awesome dude! Keep the great work up.
Looks pretty neat Smile I like her eyes too.
[Image: thecoon1.jpg]
looks a little funny but its really good Kamisoyokaze
The Most Electrifying Man!
[Image: Fav1v.jpg]
It looks great bro, was this your first attempt?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Going to attempt to educate myself. Shutdown™ 8 1,082 12-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Glamour - My first Omni attempt [<3 iDex] Oliver 28 4,343 11-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Genuine
  New Signature+Avatar [2nd attempt] Dogbert 7 1,367 09-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Last Post: bateyy
  First Attempt at C4D High 20 2,156 09-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Last Post: alberto75
  mx+blackout// first attempt at a photo manipulation. element// 2 703 07-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Sin.