Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fat-Burning/Work-out Medicines
(08-15-2011, 09:01 AM)Retrotiger Wrote: Jumping rope can be a way to lose fat but it's not a great way. Probably if you can do it in HIIT form, but it will definitely kill your wrists which is not advisable at all.

Green tea or any caffeine substances being able to help you burn fat are completely myths. Caffeine can be used as an antioxidant but I wouldn't really use it everyday as it raises cortisol levels as well.

Well yeah I'm doing it in HIIT form when I'm working out on abs.I do one variation of ab workout then I hit the jumping rope for one minute immediately and rest for 30 sec, and so on with other variations I got in my program.I also include high knee raises and mountain climbing exercise.It's really a HIIT training that I do for my abs.And I have to disagree with wrist problems.If you stretch them properly you won't have any problems.
@About Green Tea. My friend is taking it (he is a model) and it really helped him.He lost on weight for sure.
[Image: masterfan25805212672368.png]
Strange Music
That's completely placebo. I do modelling as well. Also, if you do exercises for your abs to get 6-packs, you're on a wrong track buddy. The only way caffeine can burn fat is to utilize the energy it's giving to you. It's a stimulant and has nothing to do with burning fat.

You should educate yourself on the literature before saying anything about the subject. I'm no pubmed ninja, I just research things that are completely relevant.

Quote:Caffeine improves adult mice performance in the object recognition task and increases BDNF and TrkB independent on phospho-CREB immunocontent in the hippocampus.

Neurochem Int. 2008 Sep;53(3-4):89-94. Epub 2008 Jun 24.
Costa MS, Botton PH, Mioranzza S, Ardais AP, Moreira JD, Souza DO, Porci?ncula LO.

Caffeine is one of the most psychostimulants consumed all over the world that usually presents positive effects on cognition. In this study, effects of caffeine on mice performance in the object recognition task were tested in different intertrial intervals. In addition, it was analyzed the effects of caffeine on brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its receptor, TrkB, immunocontent to try to establish a connection between the behavioral finding and BDNF, one of the neurotrophins strictly involved in memory and learning process. CF1 mice were treated during 4 consecutive days with saline (0.9g%, i.p.) or caffeine (10mg/kg, i.p., equivalent dose corresponding to 2-3 cups of coffee). Caffeine treatment was interrupted 24h before the object recognition task analysis. In the test session performed 15min after training session, caffeine-treated mice recognized more efficiently both the familiar and the novel object. In the test session performed 90min and 24h after training session, caffeine did not change the time spent in the familiar object but increased the object recognition index, when compared to control group. Western blotting analysis of hippocampus from caffeine-treated mice revealed an increase in BDNF and TrkB immunocontent, compared to their saline-matched controls. Phospho-CREB immunocontent did not change with caffeine treatment. Our results suggest that acute treatment with caffeine improves recognition memory, and this effect may be related to an increase of the BDNF and TrkB immunocontent in the hippocampus.

Quote:Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2008 Apr;18(2):131-41.

Dose effect of caffeine on testosterone and cortisol responses to resistance exercise.

Beaven CM, Hopkins WG, Hansen KT, Wood MR, Cronin JB, Lowe TE.
Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand, Hamilton, New Zealand.

INTRODUCTION: Interest in the use of caffeine as an ergogenic aid has increased since the International Olympic Committee lifted the partial ban on its use. Caffeine has beneficial effects on various aspects of athletic performance, but its effects on training have been neglected. PURPOSE: To investigate the acute effect of caffeine on the exercise-associated increases in testosterone and cortisol in a double-blind crossover study. METHODS: Twenty-four professional rugby-league players ingested caffeine doses of 0, 200, 400, and 800 mg in random order 1 hr before a resistance-exercise session. Saliva was sampled at the time of caffeine ingestion, at 15-min intervals throughout each session, and 15 and 30 min after the session. Data were log-transformed to estimate percent effects with mixed modeling, and effects were standardized to assess magnitudes. RESULTS: Testosterone concentration showed a small increase of 15% (90% confidence limits, +/- 19%) during exercise. Caffeine raised this concentration in a dose-dependent manner by a further small 21% (+/- 24%) at the highest dose. The 800-mg dose also produced a moderate 52% (+/- 44%) increase in cortisol. The effect of caffeine on the testosterone:cortisol ratio was a small decline (14%; +/- 21%). CONCLUSION: Caffeine has some potential to benefit training outcomes via the anabolic effects of the increase in testosterone concentration, but this benefit might be counteracted by the opposing catabolic effects of the increase in cortisol and resultant decline in the testosterone:cortisol ratio.

Quote:Med Sci Monit. 2003 Sep;9(9):BR325-30.
Antioxidant and prooxidant properties of caffeine, theobromine and xanthine.
Azam S, Hadi N, Khan NU, Hadi SM.
Source

Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, AMU, Aligarh, India. smhadi@del6.vsnl.net.in
Abstract
BACKGROUND:

Caffeine, along with its catabolic products theobromine and xanthine, is a key component of tea and coffee. These compounds are structurally similar to uric acid, a known antioxidant which is present in blood at relatively high concentrations, but also shows prooxidant activity. In view of the structural similarity between uric acid and caffeine and its metabolites, we studied the antioxidant and prooxidant properties of these compounds.
MATERIAL/METHODS:

Antioxidant activity was determined by measuring the quenching effect of the compounds on oxidative DNA degradation by a hydroxyl radical generating system. Prooxidant activity was studied by measuring the ability of the compounds to oxidatively degrade DNA in the presence of copper ions.
RESULTS:

Caffeine, theobromine and xanthine have a quenching effect on the production of hydroxyl radicals, as well as on oxidative DNA breakage by hydroxyl radicals. Consistent with previous observations that many known antioxidants of plant origin are also capable of prooxidant action, the purine alkaloids also show oxidative DNA breakage in the presence of transition metal ions.
CONCLUSIONS:

The alkaloid caffeine and its catabolic products theobromine and xanthine exhibit both antioxidant and prooxidant properties. The results lead to the observation that caffeine and its metabolites may also contribute to the overall antioxidant and chemopreventive properties of caffeine-bearing beverages, such as tea.
[Image: 999d53.png]
‹Affordable • High Quality • Friendly Service›
‹Signatures • Banners • Thread Designs • Company Logos›

Most of the diet/fat burning pills are scams, and can be very dangerous.

Just lose weight the old fashion way >.>
Do some exercise, it's much better than any pill with harmful side affects
(08-15-2011, 09:59 PM)Vacation Wrote: Most of the diet/fat burning pills are scams, and can be very dangerous.

Just lose weight the old fashion way >.>

Alpha-Yohimbine is a supplement and it works effectively in fat burning.

These modern way of fat burning is very effective as it helps you in so many ways like appetite suppression, increased sweating, increased metabolic rate, and etc.

And yes, I agree. Old ways are better. Back when roids wasn't even invented.

(08-15-2011, 09:56 PM)Retrotiger Wrote: That's completely placebo. I do modelling as well. Also, if you do exercises for your abs to get 6-packs, you're on a wrong track buddy. The only way caffeine can burn fat is to utilize the energy it's giving to you. It's a stimulant and has nothing to do with burning fat.

You should educate yourself on the literature before saying anything about the subject. I'm no pubmed ninja, I just research things that are completely relevant.

I'm not on a wrong track.It's HIIT training that really hits your abs.You can feel great burn. I don't drink green tea. I never said I do, I only said that I heard it helps loosing weight.
[Image: masterfan25805212672368.png]
Strange Music
Tell me, what's your theory about abs? The more you train them the more visible they would be? If that's your theory, you remember what the five fingers said to your face?

How about a steroid ? tbh,It's not good to health but however this injection has made many fat guys look like a wwe superstar ;D
[Image: Z95Xp.png]
Just eat a lot of high protein foods and multivitamins.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which one is the best way to burn fat ? Stevejoseph 1 754 02-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Clark
  Reduce fat Seaman 28 5,500 02-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Barnaby
  Views on Fat/Overweight/Obese people. Their own fault? Bяian ♪ 45 14,943 01-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Last Post: MineCrack
  Am I fat? Graveee 11 1,587 11-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Graveee
  isatori mx ls7 [Fat burning pills] Yes 5 1,338 06-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Last Post: USN