Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Apple Haters that have never touched a Mac.
My mom bought the best Mac she could last year. Its like the 24" screen or whatever. Its freakin' huge. 1 TB of storage. Quad Cores, a really nice GFX card. I've used it, but I don't like it. At school, all of our computer labs are Macs too. And they are brand new, not crappy.
My PS had a bank of macbooks, they totally locked them down and they were hardly usable - an EXCELLENT start to my OS X experience (sarcasm).
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
My dad has a Mac and I absolutely can't stand it. Sure I have an iTouch, which I enjoy, but I don't like the operating system. I'd much rather use Windows.

It's much more slow paced and really user friendly in my opinion.
Quote: Well it's just like when you're a little kid and your parents tell you to try some sort of new food, you say you don't like it when you haven't even tried it. That's how I see it anyway.

I can't comment about macs, but I have to point out the fact that it is possible to know you don't/wouldn't like something without trying it. For instance, when I was in the 4th grade, we had mashed potatos at lunch one time. They smelt awful to me, and I knew I'd dislike them. However, my friend convinced me to try them. I nearly threw up as soon as it hit my tongue. I still dislike them to this day. The same goes for macaroni and cheese. It's because your sense of smell is also a part of your sense of taste.
It's all based on your perspective. Macs are good for business people, extreme multimedia making, video editing, etc.
Windows is good for general activities, such as games, web browsing, basic stuff, etc.
Linux is for e-mail, games, web browsing, lighter activities.

IMO, Windows is better, simply because there's more software built for it.
Quote:Linux is for e-mail, games, web browsing, lighter activities.

Not trying to shoot you down, but how is Linux good for gaming? Most major games, such as Halo, WoW, Aion, Prototype, ect won't run on Linux like they would on Windows. There're some good games for it, I'm sure, such as Quake and more, but Windows is much better for gaming.
(10-21-2009, 09:24 AM)iintens Wrote: Is it just me or have 99% of Apple haters never actually touched a Mac, Whenever I've been in a Mac. VS PC debate I've always asked if they've actually used a Mac before - of course the answer is almost always "No, but it can't right click...what sort of gayness is that".

Are there any Apple haters out there that have actually used a Mac [for longer than five minutes]? I'm sure some people instantly hate it because it doesn't have their beloved 'Start menu'.

I've used a mac for around 1-2hrs at my cousins place. It can't right click...what sort of gayness is that?!

And of apples almighty wisdom, they had to have the menu bar detached to the actual program.

And have you ever switched on a mac on a train without having the whole compartment stare at you as if you farted? Because of the bloody CLAAANG that was supposed to replace the simple beep of a PC/Laptop.
[Image: vhc689.jpg]
do noт мaĸe мe мad. ι wιll ĸιll yoυ.
-rep me if you want to get banned! please!
Anonymous rep is for freakin cowards!
(10-21-2009, 11:51 PM)SkullTraill Wrote: I've used a mac for around 1-2hrs at my cousins place. It can't right click...what sort of gayness is that?!

And of apples almighty wisdom, they had to have the menu bar detached to the actual program.

And have you ever switched on a mac on a train without having the whole compartment stare at you as if you farted? Because of the bloody CLAAANG that was supposed to replace the simple beep of a PC/Laptop.

I knew I'd get one of these people; I have no need for more than one button on my trackpad because it's all just one huge button, if I click down whilst having two fingers on the trackpad it automatically detects that you want a right click- of course if you want to right click another way (e.g. click on a certain part of the trackpad) it is fully customizable. I've found that nobody actually turns their MacBook's off seeing as the battery does actually last a long time and sleep mode uses like no battery at all- when you open it up you get your login screen instantly; which allows you to log in and you're back where you were before.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
You can't sleep it forever. At some point, you will have to turn it on in public, then get spat at.
Ok, what about the menu bar?
[Image: vhc689.jpg]
do noт мaĸe мe мad. ι wιll ĸιll yoυ.
-rep me if you want to get banned! please!
Anonymous rep is for freakin cowards!
iintens, I have used a Mac before. I put up with it for a good week. I would rather use DOS 6.0(Which I have btw)than Mac. I just don't like em. They look fancy and all, but the have hardly any functionality. Go to the nearest computer shop tomorrow, EB games or something, and look for a Mac supported game(WoW doesn't really count, imho). If you go around online, and I bet this has happened to you lots of times, be honest, you find some AWESOME program, go to download it and it says "Supported operating systems: Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7.". If Mac had mouses with 2 buttons or more, then I might think about having another go at it one day. Same if it was ported more. I have to admit, if games actually supported it, Mac's would make pretty boss gaming rigs Tongue

EDIT: Your using win7 on your macbook anyway, aren't you?
/thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Transfer Pictures from your iPhone to a Mac rf-harris 0 525 06-28-2020, 03:24 PM
Last Post: rf-harris
  Apple Airport Router Support Number +1-877-717-0787 USA luciferjonas007 0 446 01-21-2020, 05:08 AM
Last Post: luciferjonas007
  Are apple products more secure? TobyCordova 2 1,261 06-30-2015, 06:59 AM
Last Post: hunterweston
  Mac iPad Transter | iPad to Mac/iTunes Backup, Mac to iPad Transfer carl83 7 2,359 10-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Last Post: xadamxk
  Printing on Mac DarkZero 3 1,559 02-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: illest