Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nominate yourself for a position on the unofficial IRC Channel for SF
More information can be found here:
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid195833

I'm deciding on what I should do with our unofficial SF channel. Still hoping more people will participate if they are interested though.

I've decided to post this thread here because it was the only place in the forum I thought it would belong in.

Here's the deal, since this is the IRC Channel for the Supportforums community. I should not be the only one in charge of managing it. I'll be looking for some more AOPs, and if you want you can have a VOP status.

If you think you'd like to help out with the channel. You will have to have a registered nickname on the server hosting the #SupportForums channel.

The command is fairly easy to register a nickname, so if you join I can tell you how to do that.

Applications for becoming a channel OP will be following this format:

Note: Put your answer after the bold tag "[/b]"
Code:
[b]1. Why would you nominate yourself as a staff person for the channel? [/b]
[b]2. How often do you think you can be on for other members?[/b]
[b]3. Are you a dedicated SF member? [yes/no][/b]
[b]4. Do you have more than 100 posts? [yes/no][/b]
[b]5. Anything Else?[/b]

[b]6. Position you want to apply for: [AOP/VOP][/b]

Terms:
AOP - Automatic Op
VOP - Automatic Voiced status in channel
1. Why would you nominate yourself as a staff person for the channel? I think i should be AOP because i will be on a lot, and able to help people in the chat.
2. How often do you think you can be on for other members? couple hours each day on week day and like 4-5 hours on weekends each day.
3. Are you a dedicated SF member? [yes/no] yes
4. Do you have more than 100 posts? [yes/no] yes
5. Anything Else? Thank you for consideration, i understand if you choose not to pick me.

6. Position you want to apply for: [AOP/VOP]AOP
[Image: psychois21.png]
Thanks for applying, I will be reviewing your application, you seem like a decent member around the forums.

Note for everyone: I've came across a major setback on a webpage project for this so i'll be dealing with that first before I go on with any updates to this channel. But you can still join the channel and chat. Remember to register your nickname through nickserv though.
Do you use +m mode that much?
1. Why would you nominate yourself as a staff person for the channel?
Because I want to help with the project and learn with the experience.
2. How often do you think you can be on for other members? Sadly, I can only be excessively online on Wednesdays and Thursdays. But on most other days I'll be on for at least an hour.
3. Are you a dedicated SF member? [yes/no] Yes
4. Do you have more than 100 posts? [yes/no] Yes
5. Anything Else?
Hmm... Not much else really Big Grin
6. Position you want to apply for: [AOP/VOP] AOP
(05-08-2011, 07:39 AM)Solidus Wrote: Do you use +m mode that much?

I hardly would ever put the room on strict moderation, I haven't found a need to do it at all for any irc servers that i've been on.

But my idea of adding VOPs was mostly so that if we do end up getting a fair amount of people on the channel, people like Quintus (HJT Squad leader) can be easily found in the userlist because his nickname will be near the top, therefore others can ask him about any quick questions or concerns they have for him if he's online.

It could be the same thing for any of the forum staff if they happen to be online at that particular time too.

Or if the forum is down then people still have a connection from member to member without having to give away emails, msn adresses, etc... There's lots of different ideas out there that people have suggested to me, so i'm taking my time to consider everything.

Voice chat was a suggestion. I was also looking at an HTML5 music player just to spice the page up a bit. KoBE even suggested that it could be used as an SF download archive for any programs that members on SF make if they are worthy enough. It's a better alternative to mediafire or any other file hosting out there because it can be made out as a more private holding place for the files.

HF has a twitter place, we could add a page there for short updates about SF even, as a possibility. All Omni would have to do is contact us through the chat and we could inform members through the chat site, or we could add permissions for him to add any updates to a section of the webpage. I think that was suggested by a different member on the HJT Squad. I've just been taking all of these ideas in, however i'm not sure what the site will look like in a week or a month from now. I honestly wouldn't even know the future for the site.

Overall, the majority of it would be for a live chat support for members on SF if they didn't want to take the time to go through PM's on this site or give out their personal contact info. That was my main idea in the beginning. Other people have just been generous enough to help me contribute to it, so i'm not taking all the credit.

@BlackChaos, thanks for applying, once we get things in order, your application and any others will be reviewed

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestions for my Youtube channel Kharnage 9 1,241 05-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Kharnage
  Community Channel Maybe? Chief 4 583 10-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Muted
  SupportForums' IRC | Join Now!! BreShiE 11 1,571 09-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Support Forums IRC? Chief 9 1,474 08-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  Unofficial SupportForums IRC Channel [Now Open] AceInfinity 83 10,018 06-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity