Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SupportForums' IRC | Join Now!!
Hello SupportForums. I've just noticed that there's an unofficial IRC (Internet Relay Chat) setup for us here. This is extremely useful, and is a great way to meet and chat to new members. I just went to check it out and is indeed very cool, so come on in and join the chat today!

It's down, I still have the files on my computer, but that would be RDCA who gave up the hosting I believe, or something happened with the domain registration that Solidus had
(09-05-2011, 04:08 AM)Ace Wrote: It's down, I still have the files on my computer, but that would be RDCA who gave up the hosting I believe, or something happened with the domain registration that Solidus had

It's not down, it's up. It's all working fine for me, I'm not sure about for anyone else though.
Hmm, well it's up again for me now, but it wasn't yesterday.
(09-05-2011, 12:34 PM)Ace Wrote: Hmm, well it's up again for me now, but it wasn't yesterday.

I'm not sure then. Confused

I forgot about the site untill I made this thread, who actually owns the domain?
Can't connect. I just see the connection info and then it stops. Can't join channels.
[Image: 2.png]
(09-05-2011, 01:42 PM)BreShiE Wrote: I'm not sure then. Confused

I forgot about the site untill I made this thread, who actually owns the domain?

Solidus funded the domain, I created the site, RDCA hosts it.

(09-05-2011, 01:55 PM)alabama Wrote: Can't connect. I just see the connection info and then it stops. Can't join channels.

It should automatically join you to a channel, otherwise try:
Code:
/join #SupportForums
I think we should get an official IRC for the site, or just use that one for the official IRC.
It would be a nice idea, Omni doesn't believe it will be active though, but his reasoning was compared to the activity that the HF IRC has. (One minor flaw in the comparison though: That IRC requires a client, whereas this one doesn't, it's built into the webpage, so it's easily accessable)

My main idea for this was to have a place where anonymous users could go for support without having to give away personal credentials like their email, msn, etc...

This would work really well for the Emotional Support concept on the forum.
Well we can't really do much for the forum at the moment as Omni isn't even bothered about this forum anymore, the last up-date was around the time I joined where he added the Ubuntu / Linux support section.

I sure hope he'll eventually take interest in this forum again, as it's a really good one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why would you not join Support Forums? Bat Wang 9 760 11-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Bat Wang
  Support Forums IRC? Chief 9 1,479 08-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  Unofficial SupportForums IRC Channel [Now Open] AceInfinity 83 10,028 06-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Nominate yourself for a position on the unofficial IRC Channel for SF AceInfinity 5 1,151 05-08-2011, 08:43 AM
  UnOfficial SupportForums IRC Channel AceInfinity 2 652 05-06-2011, 12:49 PM