Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Marijuana Could soon be LEGAL in Canada!
You can read the news article here.

If this happens, and Marijuana becomes legal to grow and possess I'm going to die of pure joy.
I dont think it will be. There are so many reasons why it should be legal and why it shouldnt be legal.

I personally think it shouldnt be legal.
They we'll be, nothing is nature about it. If the Canadian government doesn't make smoking or drinking illegal they wouldn't make this legal.
First off, The government shouldn't be allowed to control what we as individuals use as recreational fun. It's a plant, it grows in the ground, and therefore it is natural, no chemicals are added, and nothing is wrong with it. The government is basically telling the people that they have NO freedom what so ever, you cannot tell someone NOT to do something, considering it is of their own free will. If I choose to "pollute" my body with an "unnatural" substance then so be it, are YOU the one getting "high" off of what I'M smoking? No. Therefore let me do what I want to do, and let you do what you want to do. If I choose to smoke weed to have fun, then why should it be illegal? If you choose to drink and destroy your liver and put yourself in an early grave, then so be it.

It's unconstitutional what the government is doing, saying we cannot do what we please with something that is natural.

As for the "If they don't make Drinking and Smoking illegal..." The only reason Smoking and Drinking is legal, is because the government regulates it. They tell people when they can drink, when they can buy liquor, and when they've had enough. If I choose to drink myself stupid, then go out and light up a smoke, that's my choice. The whole judicial system of both Canada and America is GREATLY flawed.

Take 420 for an example, in Canada, we all gather (When ever the Marijuana March is set, usually it's not actually on 4/20) at city square, and toke up. The cops sit there, and watch us. They do not arrest people, they do not inhibit the selling of marijuana, they do not inhibit the smoking of marijuana, they simply turn a blind eye to the activities. So, if we can openly smoke, sell, and grow in CITY SQUARE on 4/20, then why shouldn't we be able to smoke, sell, and grow any other day of the year?

I do smoke, I do drink, and I do use drugs, those are my life choices, and so what if I end up dead in a ditch? That's what I choose to happen.
Quote:...you cannot tell someone NOT to do something, considering it is of their own free will.

Sure you can. They're called laws.
(04-14-2011, 11:08 PM)Deltron Wrote: Sure you can. They're called laws.

Alright then, please tell me why there are so many criminals in jail then. Your logic is flawed, just because you tell someone not to do it, doesn't mean their not going to do it.
(04-14-2011, 11:10 PM)The Holy crap. Wrote: Alright then, please tell me why there are so many criminals in jail then. Your logic is flawed, just because you tell someone not to do it, doesn't mean their not going to do it.

Ultimately, people can do whatever they want (I never said they couldn't), but there are consequences. Remember, laws are created to benefit society; to help prevent people like you ending up dead in a ditch.

Edit: I just re-read my previous comment. I meant to say that laws help to prevent, not stop actions of a person.
(04-14-2011, 11:20 PM)Deltron Wrote: Ultimately, people can do whatever they want (I never said they couldn't), but there are consequences. Remember, laws are created to benefit society; to help prevent people like you ending up dead in a ditch.

Edit: I just re-read my previous comment. I meant to say that laws help to prevent, not stop actions of a person.

What I do with my body is my own choice, the government shouldn't be allowed to tell me what I can and cannot do, when it comes to my body.
(04-14-2011, 11:43 PM)The Holy crap. Wrote: What I do with my body is my own choice, the government shouldn't be allowed to tell me what I can and cannot do, when it comes to my body.

After all drugs do impact your body negatively, which might be why there are laws. Maybe. Oui
It will be legal medically, but not for personal use

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  200mW Laser Legal in USA? Deceive 9 1,686 07-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Launcher
  is this legal Reykjavik 15 1,292 06-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Last Post: mikeandike
  Marijuana Smokers Shades 20 2,764 06-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Omniscient