Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this legal
recording some parts of a movie/tv show with a screen recorder and uploading those small parts to youtube?
I don't think it's illegal but I think that copyright will get you.
[Image: D6fXK.png]
I'm pretty sure it is legal actually. I've seen allot of clips from movies that get taken off right away, but the ones where people have recorded the television screen with their own camera never seem to get taken down. I think if you use your own recording software it's perfectly legal but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
[Image: 6Z7z1Q6r2H5h7.jpg]
In certain cases, yes. The Fair Use right allows you to take certain aspects of a piece of copyrighted material without having to get prior permission from the copyright holder.
How are you going to ask if this is illegal? This i called Plagiarism http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/plagiarism
[Image: Untitled-1-4.jpg]
This is illegal, and the producer/owner of the movie can sue
[Image: iddyEs.png]
It may be legal, but the quality won't be great.
You'll for sure get copyrighted on YouTube.
[Image: vnXBe.gif]
The reason that the ones people record with cameras don't get taken down is because it is not identified as copyrighted content when it is uploaded due to hash differences because it is a unique recording.
(06-22-2011, 11:18 AM)Reykjavik Wrote: recording some parts of a movie/tv show with a screen recorder and uploading those small parts to youtube?

DMCA Will get you on that. But i dont Believe in DMCA because it doesnt make sense. So i follow the Copyright Act of 1976, For its Fair Use.Thumbsup

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  200mW Laser Legal in USA? Deceive 9 1,693 07-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Launcher
  Marijuana Could soon be LEGAL in Canada! The Holy Shit. 56 8,045 04-19-2011, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Swat Runs Train