Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HJT Team + General Cleanup of Computer Security Forum
Hello everyone,

I am curious as to what will happen with the HijackThis Team as there is currently no leader. I believe it's a valuable addition to this site, especially looking at how popular it is on HackForums. Though this site may not be as active as HF, I do forsee it becoming quite busy around here soon.

Another concern, for lack of a better word, I have, is with the Virus Protection, Removals, and HJT Team forum.

Under the top two sub forums, there are many cross postings and it seems that the two sub forums are treated as one. In that guides are posted in both, and it just seems a general mess.

Thoughts or opinions?

Regards,
Zurmi
I think the HJT team once needed should definitely be revamped unless these people just aren't around due to their section being not so active. It's a great idea, and team, however.
Brandon,

I believe that the HJT Team should be revamped and ready to go before we get an influx of members. Because if they were to come now, we can't offer them anything. But if we are good to go before members come, then it'll be easier to keep up with.

Regards,
Zurmi
Perhaps, yes. It would always be good to be prepared. However, if there is enough people to make a proper HJT team then there should be enough people around to help users with HJT logs already, thus then preparing ourselves for who would truly be qualified (in terms of activity and experience) to run or be on the HJT team.
I suppose. It would be nice to get the official team up and running, instead of a few random members. It will be easier on those who are seeking help if they can just see who is on the team.

Regards,
Zurmi
Someone experienced would have to lead it, sorry, but not you Oui

We currently don't have anyone active enough to lead it, so anyone posting HJT Logs should only be responded by trusted members who know what they're doing, or post it at their own risk.
I never said I would want to lead it, I'd just be interested in working with it. I've been learning a lot about HijackThis though, going to a formal training and all. Still have a lot to learn, malware evolves quick.

Unfortunately, that is true. Feel bad for some of the people who post their logs with what I've seen some members post as resolutions.

Thanks for the input.

Regards,
Zurmi
Quote:I am curious as to what will happen with the HijackThis Team as there is currently no leader.

How valid is this statement?
I thought you guys might of still been around.
Yes I'm disappointed with how the HJT Squad here has been. I'm unsure it's direction or how to make it a viable success without stronger leadership. Ultimately it may be closed up if it continues on it's current path.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HJT Team and SF Kewlz 10 2,171 05-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Last Post: ven0m
  What's the status on the HJT Squad? King 14 2,802 01-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Debate team RDCA 32 7,708 03-24-2011, 05:43 AM
Last Post: Impurity
  [Suggestion] General Software forum Codad Law 15 3,462 03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Codad Law
  Greetings, HJT Squad Eve 33 4,429 11-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Last Post: Quintus