Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
~+~+~+ Ask me about Cats! +~+~+~
No, I don't own a cat, but I was reviewing lots of the answers you posted just for my learning curiosity, and seen some of the responses that this other guy gave. Keep this thread decent Smile I didn't know that they would purr to help their bones heal.

I do have one though for another friend of mine actually, how often do you have to clean the litter box? or does it periodically have to be cleaned based on how many times they use it?
(03-07-2011, 10:24 PM)Infinity Wrote: Quit flaming his thread, he's trying to make a decent discussion for others knowledge about cats, and you're acting like your 3 years old in my opinion. I doubt your first question is the truth, and based on your second comment about cats landing on their backs, I have yet to even see that happen with cats. It just doesn't happen unless something prevents them from turning over in the air.
I swear to god. My cat died... It sucked.. It was the only cat I ever liked. We lived near some woods. I couldn't find it one day and I heard loud meowing I went back there and he fell and died. :/

And my 1st comment wasn't 100% truth but I did have a cat that would rub between its legs on everything and I wanted to make it seem more interesting. I still want to know why she did it. Pinch
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
-JFK

(03-07-2011, 10:30 PM)Codad Law Wrote: I swear to god. My cat died... It sucked.. It was the only cat I ever liked. We lived near some woods. I couldn't find it one day and I heard loud meowing I went back there and he fell and died. :/

And my 1st comment wasn't 100% truth but I did have a cat that would rub between its legs on everything and I wanted to make it seem more interesting. I still want to know why she did it. Pinch

I thought you lived in a rural area.

Infinity: We have 8 litter boxes here, and we clean them periodically. We don't have an exact set time here, but if you want to be organized, I would say from every week to every three weeks. If you have multiple cats but only one litter box, then make it from every 5 days to every week and a half. If you have more litter boxes than cats, then you can extend the days. If you have the exact amount, then they will basically claim their own litter box.

I'm going to go with my first answer.

From one week to every 4 weeks, or when ever you feel like they need to be cleaned. Just don't forget about it. Clean it every 5 weeks at the ABSOLUTE LATEST. Also, place a mat down around the litter box, because cats kick litter up out of the box too. If I had a rough estimate of the number of litter boxes and cats, I would give you a more precise answer. ( If you're wondering about the 56 cats at the other house, we let them out in the back yard to go. We have high wooden fences, and a metal fence going over the top a so 50 feet so they can still climb, but they don't climb the wooden fence, only teh trees. )
(03-07-2011, 10:38 PM)Zaros™ Wrote: I thought you lived in a rural area.

Infinity: We have 8 litter boxes here, and we clean them periodically. We don't have an exact set time here, but if you want to be organized, I would say from every week to every three weeks. If you have multiple cats but only one litter box, then make it from every 5 days to every week and a half. If you have more litter boxes than cats, then you can extend the days. If you have the exact amount, then they will basically claim their own litter box.

I'm going to go with my first answer.

From one week to every 4 weeks, or when ever you feel like they need to be cleaned. Just don't forget about it. Clean it every 5 weeks at the ABSOLUTE LATEST. Also, place a mat down around the litter box, because cats kick litter up out of the box too. If I had a rough estimate of the number of litter boxes and cats, I would give you a more precise answer. ( If you're wondering about the 56 cats at the other house, we let them out in the back yard to go. We have high wooden fences, and a metal fence going over the top a so 50 feet so they can still climb, but they don't climb the wooden fence, only teh trees. )
I do live in a rural area... HENCE THE WOODS....

I live in Kentucky... V.V
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

-JFK

(03-07-2011, 10:41 PM)Codad Law Wrote: I do live in a rural area... HENCE THE WOODS....

I live in Kentucky... V.V

Listen. Your cat didn't die from falling, it probably died from an injury it sustained. It probably also just wanted to be alone. Now would you be so kind and stay off of my thread.
My family breeds cats, I know a lot about them, and I probably know more then you about them. Am I saying that I'm better then everyone with Cats on Support Forums? No.
I just know more then most.
(03-07-2011, 10:30 PM)Codad Law Wrote: I swear to god. My cat died... It sucked.. It was the only cat I ever liked. We lived near some woods. I couldn't find it one day and I heard loud meowing I went back there and he fell and died. :/

I don't believe it, but others can. http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid173095

I do think that you want attention though since you turned the first comment into more of a joke, than the truth that you admit. Just try to keep it a purposeful discussion Smile He's taking the questions into account seriously, and I respect that he's helping others out through his experience with cats, for anyone that may have a real question

thanks for the answer btw, i'll just stick with the answer between the 1 and 2 weeks mark
No problem Infinity. Remember guys, post your questions! I'll be glad to answer.
My family breeds cats, I know a lot about them, and I probably know more then you about them. Am I saying that I'm better then everyone with Cats on Support Forums? No.
(03-07-2011, 09:49 PM)Zaros™ Wrote: Part luck, part the fact it snuck out without you knowing. Windowcill, I don't know. It's possible that it found some form of liquid. Cats can go a while without food or liquid.

Interesting...
I'm pretty sure he didn't snuck out, by the time I found him I already replaced him... thought he ran away or coldn't find back home... Big Grin
When I found him, he was all weak and just laying around, so my first guess was he was all the time in there and killed/eaten everything that he could... but when I brought him back in the house, he was eating and drinking like hell... Big Grin

Ok... This is a serious question. Uke was a feral cat (we found him in the woods). He was the runt of the litter. His mom used to always bring us dead rats and rabbits. All the other kittens would hide in the woods in this wood pile, but the mom and Uke loved us.

So my question is Why the dead animals, and why were the other cats so afraid in your opinion?
-Adolf Hitler

-JFK

(03-07-2011, 10:56 PM)Polymath Wrote: Interesting...
I'm pretty sure he didn't snuck out, by the time I found him I already replaced him... thought he ran away or coldn't find back home... Big Grin
When I found him, he was all weak and just laying around, so my first guess was he was all the time in there and killed/eaten everything that he could... but when I brought him back in the house, he was eating and drinking like hell... Big Grin

Probably scavenged what he could, spiders, bugs, etc. Ofc he would be thirsty and hungry as heck! You left him in the basement for three weeks after all..
They bring dead animals to you as a sign of love, and that they respect you. The other cats that hid? Probably a command from their mother. The runt? Needed support from the mother the most.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many cats is too much? Herbal 14 2,567 08-24-2017, 03:55 AM
Last Post: wasim s
  Dogs & Cats Reality 32 7,944 04-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Brooke
  Cats VS Dogs Hуѕтєяιa X™ 207 81,242 04-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Brooke
  My cats - Only 6 months old :D DaMcmasonmc 6 880 01-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Techie.
  I love cats, but I am allergic to them. :( Saga 17 2,102 11-01-2011, 10:09 PM