Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs & Cats
Do dogs and cats realize when their friends/other animals in the house die? My dog just died and I was wondering if the other ones will be affected.
Why don't you ask your dog? wai-
Good one? :S
I personally think they do feel affection. Some dogs get depressed when a dog they are attached to dies.
Yep Orgasmic is right some of them get affected...
Do everything to make the dog feel good and to be in nice environment.
Don't rush buying a new dog maybe wait for some time 1,2 weeks maybe.
(12-28-2010, 08:09 PM)Orgasmic Wrote: I personally think they do feel affection. Some dogs get depressed when a dog they are attached to dies.

They don't really notice which dog it is. Dogs make companions, and when they die they become lonely. We're getting a new dog next Sunday which is a golden retriever mixed with a flat coated retriever.. it's black though.. It's better than the Pomeranian my mom wanted to get so we could have a set of them Roflmao

(12-29-2010, 02:22 AM)Ma3x Wrote: Yep Orgasmic is right some of them get affected...
Do everything to make the dog feel good and to be in nice environment.
Don't rush buying a new dog maybe wait for some time 1,2 weeks maybe.

Cat and dog is not something you can call it a natural friend. Cat's behavior and with familiar people may be worried about, while the introduction to his dog, want to know how the latter reaction, and vice versa. One of the important behavior of cats is that they can be easily stressed. With this in mind, you should train your dog the way, your cat feel comfortable and safe around it.
I think they think you took the pet away instead of dieing

Like they think you kicked him/her out

unless the others see it die
They absolutely know. Whether or not they feel sad over it is unknown, but they definitely know when the other dog passes. They feel energy simply. You cannot train a dog for instance if you yell at it to sit, because it feels bad energy coming from you and feels like you're going to hurt it. Your dog would feel if the other dogs presence wasn't around anymore.
[Image: P7rB.gif]
Well, I hae two dogs that are brothers [What I mean for brothers Is they born from the same mom and I bought them both] The thing is, when I separate them, they freak out. They miss themselves. I don't want to imagine that one of them dies because the other one might die of depression.
Stop the Bleeding|Rescue is Possible|Love is the Movement
[Image: 70315.png]
|Hope is real,Help is real|

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many cats is too much? Herbal 14 2,544 08-24-2017, 03:55 AM
Last Post: wasim s
  Cats VS Dogs Hуѕтєяιa X™ 207 81,189 04-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Brooke
  My dogs Stevo 5 1,781 05-03-2013, 02:47 AM
Last Post: TheSailorHF
  My Dogs Nirmal 21 2,961 03-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Last Post: h3x3n
  Pet Owner, Would you like your veterinary clinic to have a personal trainer for dogs? kitson 0 648 02-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Last Post: kitson