Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep Your Comp Fast and Virus Free
Hey all! Today I will be sharing with you guys th programs I use to keep my computer clean and running smoothly. The best part is, they are all FREE.

-Avira: DOWNLOAD

Avira is a great free anti virus program with a great shield. It can detect pretty much any virus, the scanner isn't great but the shield is superb.

-Malwarebytes: DOWNLOAD

Malwarebytes will do what Avira can't do for you. It has a great scanner/sweeper, will detect close to everything.

CCleaner: DOWNLOAD

CCleaner is a great program to get rid of unwanted files. It's very useful for keeping your computer running strong.

Hope this helped guys. -Jet
Well, the anti-viruses are listed here: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=15309
And this isn't much of a guide or tutorial as it contains few lines, 3 programs and small description about each one. Good start though!
[Image: siggp.png]
Tuneup utilities is way better than CCleaner
I agree with your choices.

(01-18-2011, 06:06 PM)RRain Wrote: Tuneup utilities is way better than CCleaner

I do not think so. CCleaner, as a free application, is great on its own. Paid products like the one you mentioned, that mess with the Registry are not good in my book.
I would have to agree with Qunitus.
CCleaner kicks the asses of anything else,as long as you dont touch the registry cleaner options.
CCleaner is alright,
But also I use Malwarebytes Paid version.
Nothing necessitates Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to be registered for full functionality. If you did this to support the authors, that is commendable. However, if you simply picked up a free key elsewhere, that is bad as you are utilizing the extra features through illegitimate means.
I have all of that + registered MBAM... But On the other hand I believe that kaspersky is that same as avira...
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(01-18-2011, 06:06 PM)RRain Wrote: Tuneup utilities is way better than CCleaner

You ought to do a bit a research of registry cleaners.

1. you should need to use a registry cleaner.
2. most registry cleaners are snake oil... TuneUpUtilities being one of them.
3. Ccleaner is the best and only registry cleaner a tech guy would recommend.
4. Ccleaner is specially designed to work well with windows 7

[Image: bugsysigpicv5_-2.png]
(01-25-2011, 10:47 AM)Bugsy Wrote: You ought to do a bit a research of registry cleaners.

1. you should need to use a registry cleaner.
2. most registry cleaners are snake oil... TuneUpUtilities being one of them.
3. Ccleaner is the best and only registry cleaner a tech guy would recommend.
4. Ccleaner is specially designed to work well with windows 7

Thats why I recommend CCleaner, lol people seem to think that just because it's not free it must be a good program having TuneUpUtilities. BitDefender is great though, i've done lots of research on AV's and that is one of them that can help defend against lots of intrusions.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Get] Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 - 3 Months Free Reaper 6 2,672 12-19-2014, 05:20 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  link getting redirected ? virus ? prince76 25 10,877 07-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ven0m
  What Anti-Virus do you guys use? 0 554 12-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜHacker™
  What anti-virus do you use? Mystic Guru 121 42,505 11-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Last Post: New Jersey
  What do you think the best anti-virus is? +GFx 55 18,958 07-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Liquid X