Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What anti-virus do you use?
This thread is based on what anti-virus you use.

I use the following anti-virus softwares:

Eset NOD32
AVG
Avira
and Microsoft's anti-virus.

How about you?
Why do you use all of them? You should only ever need one active scanner, and one file scanner possibly if you want to scan directories on your computer or do scans in computer modes like safe mode to check for infections or remove them.
(02-22-2011, 08:02 PM)Infinity Wrote: Why do you use all of them? You should only ever need one active scanner, and one file scanner possibly if you want to scan directories on your computer or do scans in computer modes like safe mode to check for infections or remove them.

I have multiple desktops and laptops which I use for my work.
None.
(02-22-2011, 08:26 PM)Solidus Wrote: None.

Why don't you use any anti-viruses? Well I know already, you don't download anything since you only manage a website and go art correct?
(02-22-2011, 08:34 PM)Mystic Guru Wrote: Why don't you use any anti-viruses? Well I know already, you don't download anything since you only manage a website and go art correct?

You can get viruses without having to download anything.
(02-22-2011, 08:46 PM)Infinity Wrote: You can get viruses without having to download anything.

How though? Like through IP's and such?
(02-22-2011, 08:48 PM)Mystic Guru Wrote: How though? Like through IP's and such?

Through an IP you can't do anything really. but there's lots of ways. This is SF however, not HF so i'm not going into discussion about it here
I believe the user is their own anti-virus, which is why I decided to remove mine.

Be logical of what you download.
(02-22-2011, 08:56 PM)Deltron Wrote: I believe the user is their own anti-virus, which is why I decided to remove mine.

Be logical of what you download.

Again, not very smart, especially if you have a Microsoft Windows OS. You as the user can't always check to see what process is running in the background or what is going on with your computer at all times. And you can get a virus in more ways than just from the things that you mean to download. You can lower your risk of getting a virus, but if you do get one, and you don't have anything to detect it, you can end up doing more damage than you think. Instead of getting a chance to prevent any damage to the information/files on your system at an earlier stage.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Get] Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 - 3 Months Free Reaper 6 2,628 12-19-2014, 05:20 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  link getting redirected ? virus ? prince76 25 10,770 07-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ven0m
  Is it true that Commodo Firewall interferes with Avast Anti-virus? Alreiger 8 3,492 03-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Alreiger
  What Anti-Virus do you guys use? 0 554 12-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜHacker™
  What do you think the best anti-virus is? +GFx 55 18,639 07-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Liquid X