Support Forums

Full Version: Keep Your Comp Fast and Virus Free
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all! Today I will be sharing with you guys th programs I use to keep my computer clean and running smoothly. The best part is, they are all FREE.

-Avira: DOWNLOAD

Avira is a great free anti virus program with a great shield. It can detect pretty much any virus, the scanner isn't great but the shield is superb.

-Malwarebytes: DOWNLOAD

Malwarebytes will do what Avira can't do for you. It has a great scanner/sweeper, will detect close to everything.

CCleaner: DOWNLOAD

CCleaner is a great program to get rid of unwanted files. It's very useful for keeping your computer running strong.

Hope this helped guys. -Jet
Well, the anti-viruses are listed here: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=15309
And this isn't much of a guide or tutorial as it contains few lines, 3 programs and small description about each one. Good start though!
Tuneup utilities is way better than CCleaner
I agree with your choices.

(01-18-2011, 06:06 PM)RRain Wrote: [ -> ]Tuneup utilities is way better than CCleaner

I do not think so. CCleaner, as a free application, is great on its own. Paid products like the one you mentioned, that mess with the Registry are not good in my book.
I would have to agree with Qunitus.
CCleaner kicks the asses of anything else,as long as you dont touch the registry cleaner options.
CCleaner is alright,
But also I use Malwarebytes Paid version.
Nothing necessitates Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to be registered for full functionality. If you did this to support the authors, that is commendable. However, if you simply picked up a free key elsewhere, that is bad as you are utilizing the extra features through illegitimate means.
I have all of that + registered MBAM... But On the other hand I believe that kaspersky is that same as avira...
(01-18-2011, 06:06 PM)RRain Wrote: [ -> ]Tuneup utilities is way better than CCleaner

You ought to do a bit a research of registry cleaners.

1. you should need to use a registry cleaner.
2. most registry cleaners are snake oil... TuneUpUtilities being one of them.
3. Ccleaner is the best and only registry cleaner a tech guy would recommend.
4. Ccleaner is specially designed to work well with windows 7

(01-25-2011, 10:47 AM)Bugsy Wrote: [ -> ]You ought to do a bit a research of registry cleaners.

1. you should need to use a registry cleaner.
2. most registry cleaners are snake oil... TuneUpUtilities being one of them.
3. Ccleaner is the best and only registry cleaner a tech guy would recommend.
4. Ccleaner is specially designed to work well with windows 7

Thats why I recommend CCleaner, lol people seem to think that just because it's not free it must be a good program having TuneUpUtilities. BitDefender is great though, i've done lots of research on AV's and that is one of them that can help defend against lots of intrusions.
Pages: 1 2