Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(SOLVED) (KILL THREAD)
(10-08-2010, 02:36 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: Personally I really liked avast. Blocks a lot of malicious websites and trojans. The PROPER icons weren't showing it -- was only the corrupt ones that were showing. And its wierd.

Thats what i've said in ALL my posts so far buddy lol Smile

You need to point it to the right location of that icon image.
(10-08-2010, 02:44 PM)Infinity Wrote: Thats what i've said in ALL my posts so far buddy lol Smile

You need to point it to the right location of that icon image.

Thats not how it works! Lol. Now listen this is what im getting at. No matter how and where I run Avast! from, the icon will be corrupted, so I believe its the .EXEs .ico file that was compiled into it when they made that applications fault. I suppose I will have to re-install it to fix it. Ran from desktop, Corrupted. Ran from taskbar with a pinned shortcut, Corrupted. Ran from taskbar (next to time and date), Corrupted. Ran from run menu, Corrupted. Ran from different path, Corrupted. Ran from Registry, Corrupted. Ran from different shortcut path, Corrupted... I'd like to see how to fix that. other than re-install, listen Inf, I really appreciate your help but I already know what your talking about and its hardly helping, no offense my buddy.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(10-08-2010, 03:13 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: Thats not how it works! Lol. Now listen this is what im getting at. No matter how and where I run Avast! from, the icon will be corrupted, so I believe its the .EXEs .ico file that was compiled into it when they made that applications fault. I suppose I will have to re-install it to fix it. Ran from desktop, Corrupted. Ran from taskbar with a pinned shortcut, Corrupted. Ran from taskbar (next to time and date), Corrupted. Ran from run menu, Corrupted. Ran from different path, Corrupted. Ran from Registry, Corrupted. Ran from different shortcut path, Corrupted... I'd like to see how to fix that. other than re-install, listen Inf, I really appreciate your help but I already know what your talking about and its hardly helping, no offense my buddy.

Do I have to make a video tutorial? lol I don't think you are understanding what i'm saying. Maybe it's just the way i'm wording it. It doesn't matter where you run it. But your saying the Icon is corrupted..

Have you looked inside the (Program Files) Directory and found the right folder for Avast in the programs folder? Does the program show the icon in the thumbnail?

Or is it only when you have it OPEN, that the active bar that opens up on your taskbar does not show the icon, and the actual program.exe does?

If it doesn't show up with the icon in the FOLDER. then all you have to do is show it the path to the .ICO FILE.

[The picture you have shown and the details you've provided does not specify the answer to that question.]
(10-08-2010, 08:57 PM)Infinity Wrote: Do I have to make a video tutorial? lol I don't think you are understanding what i'm saying. Maybe it's just the way i'm wording it. It doesn't matter where you run it. But your saying the Icon is corrupted..

Have you looked inside the (Program Files) Directory and found the right folder for Avast in the programs folder? Does the program show the icon in the thumbnail?

Or is it only when you have it OPEN, that the active bar that opens up on your taskbar does not show the icon, and the actual program.exe does?

If it doesn't show up with the icon in the FOLDER. then all you have to do is show it the path to the .ICO FILE.

[The picture you have shown and the details you've provided does not specify the answer to that question.]

Yes it does show that in thumbnail it is perfectly OK. What now mr perefect...? LOL
This is the source for which all the taskbar shortcuts and everything are directed to. There's probably nothing wrong with anything being corrupted then, assuming you didn't change any of the files in that folder for some reason.

Delete the shortcut you have on your taskbar, and drag that program down to your taskbar to create another shortcut, and see if the icon appears. If not you can right click on it and change the icon in "properties" for that exe file. Sometimes it doesn't give you the option to do so, but I have coded an app in VB to do it for me on those occassions.
(10-08-2010, 09:13 PM)Infinity Wrote: This is the source for which all the taskbar shortcuts and everything are directed to. There's probably nothing wrong with anything being corrupted then, assuming you didn't change any of the files in that folder for some reason.

Delete the shortcut you have on your taskbar, and drag that program down to your taskbar to create another shortcut, and see if the icon appears. If not you can right click on it and change the icon in "properties" for that exe file. Sometimes it doesn't give you the option to do so, but I have coded an app in VB to do it for me on those occassions.

Even if i directly pin it its still broken... Ill reinstall toommm
Could be malware has corrupted the files, try and do a full system scan with some antivirus tools.
(10-09-2010, 03:05 AM)JMK940 Wrote: Could be malware has corrupted the files, try and do a full system scan with some antivirus tools.

Nah, no mlaware, Mbam didn't detect anything... Ill run a scan now, reinstall avast and check my hijack this log.

Oh sweet and awesome! I fixed it by reparing avast... That was easy, took less than 30 seconds lol...

EDIT: Omg! fatal error, it says contact support or just re install the application... Ima restart comp

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Solved] How to calculate my max FPS? Nemmyy 11 5,210 06-01-2011, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Nemmyy
  System Notification Color Text Changed???!!! (Solved :) :P ) Resistance 9 2,349 03-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Impuhlsive
  [Solved] Download whole Facebook album Solidify 2 939 12-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Solidify