Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tutorial] How to trace an email[Tutorial]
(10-07-2010, 04:59 PM)SadHappyFace Wrote: Stop trashing it, it does what he says and i use this all the time and almost all the time it is accurate.

Nobody's trashing it, read the posts before assuming.
Great tutorial, I was looking for something like this.
Is there anyway to trace location of sender (GMAIL) no ?? i tried to search alot but i guess its not possible to trace gmail.
Thanks alot for the share mate.
(10-10-2010, 01:43 PM)virus_in_town Wrote: Is there anyway to trace location of sender (GMAIL) no ?? i tried to search alot but i guess its not possible to trace gmail.

Yeah, Gmail protects their users pretty well from this kind of tracing. Of course if they do something illegal there's nothing a good old subpoena won't solve.
I know this works for Hotmail:

1) right click on message directly from the inbox area and select "View Message Source"
2) In here you will want to look for "X-Orininating-IP"

[Image: wh1p8o.jpg]
By checking headers we can see the sender's location Gmail is only exception when you try it on gmail you will only see Google's IP , I have read somewhere that if a sender uses anything like Outlook/thunderbird etc it is possible to trace Gmail also ?? . Google do not reveal their user's IP etc unless Federal Agencies contact them with good reason .
Seems pretty nice thanks for this.
(10-10-2010, 08:04 PM)virus_in_town Wrote: By checking headers we can see the sender's location Gmail is only exception when you try it on gmail you will only see Google's IP , I have read somewhere that if a sender uses anything like Outlook/thunderbird etc it is possible to trace Gmail also ?? . Google do not reveal their user's IP etc unless Federal Agencies contact them with good reason .

Any local LEO (Law Enforcement Officer) can also get information, it's not just limited to what you see on TV. If they use another client other than the Google Web Client it is possible to trace them simply by the way Outlook and other programs send their header information, however Google will hide it if sent from the web client.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tutorial] Defend against stealers! Elektrisk 28 7,430 11-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Last Post: iMoney
  [WhiteHat Tutorial] How to improve our PC system and make it cleaner? Nympho 24 5,399 11-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Last Post: New Jersey
  [Tutorial]Anti anti's! bling111 3 1,527 05-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Boing7898
  Tracing a hacker [TUTORIAL] XiX Eb0y XiX 17 3,166 01-12-2011, 06:01 AM
Last Post: Quintus
  [Tutorial]Removing Rogue anti viruses (With large list of)[Tutorial] Xypher 6 2,238 10-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Apocalypse