Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thankyou button Omni?
I also support this. It might also cut down on low quality posting, since you can just click "thanks" or something instead of replying with a short response.
Agreed with Nemmyy

* Reality looks for the thanks button
Hey bit of support here.
So easy think to code for a man like yourself Omni no doubt so like i said earlier.
I think one separate to Rep. More of a one like this perhaps?
[Image: 12803938381093_thanks.gif]
So you add it to postbit and then a button next to reply but a thanks.
I guess ultimately a system like this could ultimately replace the rep system but i have seen them run side by side quite well as i am sure many have.
Dunno. I just find some times i really like someones post and just seem to find myself wanting to sort of reward the post but not with rep. Just a thanks to say i agree sort of if ya know what i mean.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Bumping this thread only because i still think the thankyou button could work really well here.
I found about 6 posts today i would have liked to thank. They were not worthy or a reply.. Or more accurately my reply was not worthy of the threads but there post did deserve something.
(decided to dig up an old thread instead of starting a new one)
The Rules!

It's not gonna happen. A bad use of site resources and we have rep.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
I must agree, this would encourage more HQ posting. This would be a great substitute for reputation.
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]
Omniscient will never add such a feature. Already suggested and denied.
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=18438
Practice makes perfect, things hardly attained, are long retained.
[Image: sig67.png]
(02-24-2012, 12:56 PM)Vexna Wrote: Omniscient will never add such a feature. Already suggested and denied.

Also, do note that I did not create that thread. The original post on the thread was split, hence making my post the first post lol.
(02-24-2012, 12:46 PM)D3xus Wrote: It's not gonna happen. A bad use of site resources and we have rep.

I would not have thought it was to big a waste of resources. I use a more advanced mod than simply a thankyou one on my forum and have not noticed any issues running it. Mine has thankyou, like and dislike that add to postbit also.

(02-24-2012, 12:47 PM)Cronus Wrote: I must agree, this would encourage more HQ posting. This would be a great substitute for reputation.

Thats what i always thought actually. Plus you can only rep someone once. You can thank someone a thousand times in different posts if they deserve it.

(02-24-2012, 12:56 PM)Vexna Wrote: Omniscient will never add such a feature. Already suggested and denied.

But if we pester Omni enough just maby he will cave in lolz.... Gotta try.
The Rules!

It would be a really important feature for a site like this. Omni, don't just say maybe. Make a decision.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Omni can we please.... DAMINK™ 15 1,434 03-07-2012, 04:20 AM
Last Post: Prince
  Too Omni Chief 9 2,169 08-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  For you, Omni! Braco22 21 1,342 08-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Omniscient
  No "Search" button ? Carb0n F1ber 6 1,112 08-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  thanks button add? BlackChaos 12 1,498 05-30-2011, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Solidus