Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omni can we please....
remove the feather award from HF.
I know its been said a billion times but really man.
Lets just end it. Today i watched someone try get there feather.
And let me say YOU WILL FAIL!!

BUT!!!!!

Create a new award for excellence in SF support or some other award that is not post specific but rather based on some other method. So as to continue to promote SF on HF but in a more meaningful way.
A way that only those worthy can achieve.

Just my thoughts.
Not picking on the award as much as saying perhaps its done its job and now its time for SF to be more restricitive on whats allowed.
Hell saying the above i will prob get posts deleted as im not the highest quality member by any stretch.

Dunno guys and gals... Omni more specifically but all in general.
Just my thoughts at this present time.

The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

A lot has changed DAMINK...

Hardly anyone comes here and spams for the feather any more, maybe 1-5 a week. I'm starting to see why he wants to keep it. Without the feather, some threads would never get posted on and the forum will die out. There's only about 7ish of us who stayed active after the feather-or didn't come for the feather at all.
^ what he said. After Omni made the guidelines a lot stricter, it's been a lot less work and the forum's been slightly more active.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
(03-03-2012, 03:13 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: remove the feather award from HF.
I know its been said a billion times but really man.
Lets just end it. Today i watched someone try get there feather.
And let me say YOU WILL FAIL!!

BUT!!!!!

Create a new award for excellence in SF support or some other award that is not post specific but rather based on some other method. So as to continue to promote SF on HF but in a more meaningful way.
A way that only those worthy can achieve.

Just my thoughts.
Not picking on the award as much as saying perhaps its done its job and now its time for SF to be more restricitive on whats allowed.
Hell saying the above i will prob get posts deleted as im not the highest quality member by any stretch.

Dunno guys and gals... Omni more specifically but all in general.
Just my thoughts at this present time.

The whole reason I came here was for the Support Feather. Sure some members come here and "Spam", but you are stereotyping. I actually like the community here and plan to stay and check in every now and then.
It's not less work, it's just less visible work. It's made it harder I agree but it doesn't stop people spamming in the first place.

But I'm not really complaining but I've always wanted it removed, but it's part of SF now.
I knew this was about the feather before even opening the thread. SupportForums needs more moderators. Removing the award will decrease it's popularity.
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]
I think people who spam just shouldn't get it.
[Image: 0xWVt.png]
I have a bit of a soft spot for SF i guess.
I dont like seeing people spam it. Even if its not spam per say. But just low quality posts.
Lets say someone comes here with the intent to make 100 posts then split.
I find its pointless to reply to them because they dont actually care what is said in the forums.
I watched recently where one person was posting replies so quick i could not keep up reading them.
This must mean the poster was not reading the threads and replies in order to guage his/her responce?
I know the traffic is gold. I do. Cant argue that one bit.
People would pay a small fortune to get a % of HF traffic.
All i was proposing is tweeking the award so its not as easy as it APPEARS to be to get.
Im not saying its easy! I know its not. But for those that want the award they look at it as an easy award.
100 posts. BANG posted in a day. ONly to find out they dont fit the criteria of the award in the end and then leave upset.
Just airing my views guys and gals.
Let me say again though. I have a soft spot for SF and thats why i posted this thread.
Not to revive the debate of the award so much as discuss a variation of it.
Anyways thats enough ranting on my part.

The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I see what you mean, it is a bit annoying when they bump already-dead/solved posts. I mean I can cope with how fast they post, that doesn't bother me because it gives me area's to post, but when they reply to a thread asking for help saying "great advice here bro" it's extremely aggravating.
I think the award should be discontinued.. not deleted.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too Omni Chief 9 2,165 08-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  For you, Omni! Braco22 21 1,339 08-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Omni should NekoChan 2 422 03-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Omniscient
  My Thanks To Omni. Emotion 22 1,819 11-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Last Post: C4Vendetta
  To: Omni Idiot #1 8 672 10-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Idiot #1