Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FIXED]Infected with b.exe
(10-27-2009, 06:50 AM)Codine Wrote: You remove the infected files, and then reboot. Smile And then do another scan just to make sure it's been removed.
You mean with MalwareBytes?
If so, after I've done all that am I supposed to uninstall MalwareBytes and install AVG free and do the same with Avast! or what?
|| Rules || Market ||
[Image: t6e147.gif]
Yep, you need to remove them with Malwarebytes.

You don't need to uninstall Malwarebytes, as this will help you out later on in life (using as pc).

However, you can't really use two antivirus programs, as these will cause conflicts, but install AVG, free edition if you don't want to pay for it.

Do a update for the new definitions, perform a full system scan once that's done.. Post back here for further instructions. Smile
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Thanks bro! I had a problem before, when starting up my computer 5 error messages would pop up saying "....dll missing!" and those were deleted earlier because they were also infected, now the pop-ups are goneSmile
Thanks, so now after restarting my computer I download AVG Free edition, update it, run a full scan and uninstall AVG Free edition?
|| Rules || Market ||
Yep, do these steps.

Download AVG > Install > Perform update > Full system scan > Uninstall

Download Avast > Install > Perform update > Full system scan > uninstall.

And then, download HijackThis > install > scan system > post log Smile

Hope this helps Smile
Ok, but is Avast really necessary? I've downloaded it before a few times and uninstalled afterwards, but I think AVG and MalwareBytes perform better scans. Also, HJT does a system scan as well, so yeah.
|| Rules || Market ||
You don't need to do it, but it could find diffrent infections.

You should use Spybot search and destroy too.

HijackThis will show me exactally what's running on your systems, including infections if any.

Smile
View spoiler for HJTLogs;
|| Rules || Market ||
I've checked your log and here is the result.

http://hjt.networktechs.com/parse.php?log=708956

I saw your first post that you've edited, i'm glad you've removed the b.exe please check the link i've posted. Smile
Ares is my music program, but I've heard alot of stories including my cousin's that it's a virus, but I just didn't believe it because so many people use it and yeah.. It's a music program. Anyways, thanks, but how do I delete the "Bad - Remove almost always"-items/programs?
And should I delete Ares? It's the best music program in my opinion, that I know of.

EDIT: Oh, and do I actually delete the "Bad if you don't know what it is"-stuff, because there's pretty much of them?
|| Rules || Market ||
You tick them on HijackThis, and then click on Fix selected.

As for Ares i'm not 100% sure.

You could use a FREE Alternative such as FrostWire.

Hope this helps Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am Infected Give some good suggestions heartylover 11 4,164 03-12-2015, 03:19 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  Infected - Can't Start System Restore srcstcbstrd 2 1,586 08-17-2014, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Autopost
  [Think You're Infected?! LOOK HERE] Infested Cleaner [White Hat Heper] Infested Terran 11 4,756 02-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Svchost.exe many of them Miku 11 3,381 01-05-2012, 04:20 AM
Last Post: hackopz
  Help. Infected with Adware.Toolbar.Dealio Resistance 3 3,576 11-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Resistance