Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Notepad Plus + v2.5 [Coded by Ace]
[Image: 9e560c3c5cb6da511d98815a0ede4b51.png]

Nuff said.
Haha, you'd be amazed by version 3.6 that I had then, until I messed up the project. If I ever get it fixed again I'll PM you with a download.

Everything is configurable in that version. Including the color of the menubar, and statusbar. With a config file that will save every last configuration as well. I don't think you downloaded the latest version though. I provided newer releases in newer posts of mine. The original post in this thread never got updated because I maxed out the character limit lol. I think you can get v3.2 if you search through my posts here.
Spent around 5 hours of my night fixing it up because I was bored and determined, so my application is now fixed again, and I can continue development on it... *Going to make 100 backups of it right now, just in case.* Smile

I thought I lost it all there for a while.

lol I added even more features than what I had before along the re-building process! Smile Pretty happy with it, there might be a bug here and there that I have to fix up again. But that's to be expected for now, I'll spend a couple hours debugging it later to make sure that everything else is running smooth on it.
Cool, I look forward to getting a download link.
http://www.mediafire.com/?3r5bcdguyjad3s5

there's a dummy version of the 3.6 release I was supposed to have before everything messed up. This is a little more than what I previously had when my code went all wrong though too. Just need to debug it, and i'll be adding menu item icons to this as well as icons for the context menu.
That looks fairly interesting, I will try it, nice job Thumbsup
Mate that is a seriously awesome application. You've done a fantastic job. I'll definitely be using this rather than Notepad.
One thing I'd say though, is to add Print & Page Set Up to the File menu.

Love how you can customize the theme though. Maybe you could work on that a bit more? Like allow users to add images as backgrounds, add their own icons, etc.. And also maybe allow people to change the colour and font of the form title, menu bar title, and status bar? Maybe even add another config file for customizing the theme? I think it's a really strong feature and it could attract a lot of users.
(06-06-2011, 04:10 AM)Fragma Wrote: Mate that is a seriously awesome application. You've done a fantastic job. I'll definitely be using this rather than Notepad.
One thing I'd say though, is to add Print & Page Set Up to the File menu.

Love how you can customize the theme though. Maybe you could work on that a bit more? Like allow users to add images as backgrounds, add their own icons, etc.. And also maybe allow people to change the colour and font of the form title, menu bar title, and status bar? Maybe even add another config file for customizing the theme? I think it's a really strong feature and it could attract a lot of users.

That's a possibility, I can put it all into the main config file. All that would take maybe 20 mins to complete for this project for me. I have to write to the file, be able to define and load the settings to the file, and save to it.
Awesome. That would definitely be something I'd love to see.

Also, I assume that when editing the config file, your settings are saved, meaning when you close the program, and come back to it, you will still have the same theme?
(06-06-2011, 08:41 AM)Fragma Wrote: Also, I assume that when editing the config file, your settings are saved, meaning when you close the program, and come back to it, you will still have the same theme?

yep, as long as there is a config.ini in the same directory as the app, it will read from it those settings. Settings get saved into the .ini file. If the ini file gets deleted, next time you start the app, it will use the global program default settings. Basically like a fresh start if you don't like your settings.

If you don't like the .ini showing, create a directory/folder in program files or something, place the app in there like any other normal installed program, and when you run it, it'll create a .ini file in there for the config, then just create a shortcut to the app on your desktop or something.

config.ini gets regenerated whenever it doesn't find that file in the same location as the application. And it only reads the config.ini file if it's in the same location as the app.

If you edit the config file, the file has to be saved, so that the changes can be read the next time the application uses the file to load settings from.
I had to remove the visibility of the Line and Column display in the status bar for when the richtextbox Word Wrap event is on because the only possible way to define a new line is by the character sent by the {Enter} or {Return} key on the keyboard. If word wrap is on, and you type to the end of a line, it will go to the next line without displaying a new line indicator {VbLF} and the line therefor never gets updated.

The only way I could show what's going on is if you were to take a look at Notepad++. How they deal with that little unfortunate logic is by a line display on the left side, you'll notice with word wrap on that if you type to the end of a line, it won't display
another number for a line, instead it will insert empty strings into the drawn out control and update the number with (number + 1) only when the new line is defined by pressing the enter key. (Or having copied and pasted text containing the new line {VbLf} indicator.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Code Challenge - Created by Ace AceInfinity 5 1,515 04-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  File Profiler Demo - Preview - Developed by Ace AceInfinity 4 1,280 12-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  New System Diagnostic Tool - Created by Ace AceInfinity 28 7,922 11-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Last Post: UrbanByte
  RoboBackup [Created by Ace] AceInfinity 22 6,390 11-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Hex
  [Rlease] Advanced Notepad Chelloa 11 2,907 10-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Last Post: John.