Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File Profiler Demo - Preview - Developed by Ace
[Image: YzwzC.png]

I started a new project today; I didn't have any good ideas at the time as to what I would start developing. But here's my idea for something unique.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw5opF3szws&fmt=100[/yt]

Name: File Profiler v1.0
What this does? This program will take a dragged file to the application executable as a command line parameter before reading the bytes of the file to validate what type of file this is. Currently I only have support for RAR and ZIP based filetypes, but more will be added soon hopefully. The idea of this was just to showcase something new.
Great little application there. I'd like to see this sort of thing bundled in with a larger project. Maybe some sort of malware analysis suite, if you get where I'm coming from. What plans do you have for the future for this project?
I have no idea, but i've been asked that on my forum as well where i've posted this lol. I only just wanted to do something more unique. Everyone gets bored of spammers, emailers, web browser applications, etc... So I don't do that.

Edit: I forgot to add it into the video, however this program is also command line based. It can be used by dragging and dropping or cmd prompt with something like:

Code:
Profiler.exe "My input filepath"

Assuming the application is renamed to Profiler.exe and you're in the directory of the application in the console, or you have it in an enronment varialbe OR, you have it in your System32 folder, which also acts like an environment variable.
This reminds me of PEiD a little, not sure if you've heard about it. It takes a dragged application and tells you what it was created in.

Nice work here Ace, you never cease to amaze me haha.
Nope, but that would only be possible if signatures from the compiler are left behind. Which for most, they are. But after being compiled the file just becomes a list of instructions for the computer to execute in the form of 1's and 0's for binary, which can be translated into machine code. Otherwise you could check the dependancies to make a best guess.

I actually have a great tool for doing that too, called PE Detective I believe. I also like a tool called CFF Explorer. Great utilities to have.

If one were to remove those signatures though along with all the meta data it would be a cool method of reducing filesize Smile

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Preview] Windows 7 Tools [VB.NET] ƃu∀ ıʞƃu∀ 4 3,186 10-14-2014, 11:55 AM
Last Post: 'Onam
  [Preview] SoundLoader FizzyMentos 2 1,084 09-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Last Post: malis2007
  Nice TicTacToe Game - Developed by AceInfinity [Source & Release] AceInfinity 3 1,320 08-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Kenneth
  Preview to Forum Tools v1.0 Bill Nye The Science Guy 7 1,611 06-24-2012, 04:27 AM
Last Post: kpn37z
  [Preview] OnyxPad [Beta Testing] OnyxDev 1 1,006 05-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Diabolic