Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RoboBackup [Created by Ace]
Here's another new project I just finished. It will backup the directory with all of it's filestructure intact to a specified location of your own. From that specified location, it creates it's own little folder so that you don't have to worry about having it get mixed in with other files in a directory you choose.

Application: RoboBackup

[Image: icceZc.png]

Description: A quick function for Robocopy to a quick accessable way of saving backups and recognizing saved script backups.

Features Include:
  • Allowing the backup to copy/mirror the file permissions to the backup location
  • Logfile - Creation of a logfile (saved to the application's execution directory) with all of the backup information of the files that have been saved to a backup location.
  • Save Preset Script - This can be used after saving a preset, and pressing the button to run the preset backup upon running the application even after close.
  • One Click Backup - This will create a backup based on the exact settings you've specified in the form, but nothing will get saved. Just a quick function to create a backup of a directory.

Preview Images:
Preview 1 (Click to View)
Preview 2 (Click to View)
Preview 3 (Click to View)
Preview 4 (Click to View)
Preview 5 (Click to View)

Download:
** LATEST DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE AVAILABLE IN MY LATER POSTS WITHIN THIS THREAD **

*Now when is the coders group going to become official?
Looks like another nice little app there mate. Good work.

And what coder group are you referring to? I don't think there is one anymore.
Wait... What? I never read that post of yours for the group. http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=12186

Fragma Wrote:There is no group leader, and nobody willing to step up, so there's no choice but to close the group.

Sorry guys.

Start it back up. I'd be willing to take a lead if no one else is.

It says:

Quote:Leader(s):
Fragma

Are you not able to have two groups? (Omni should provide a rule for people over 500 posts creating groups as to whether or not you're allowed to only lead one group or not. Otherwise I could create 100 groups as soon as I hit 500. As a sub suggestion I think he could make it a ratio? 1 group per 500 posts? so at 1000 you can lead 2 groups? Beside the point anyway)

Someone should lead it I don't see my Music group as being any more successful than the coding group.
You can lead it sure. I asked people a while back but nobody seemed interested.
(07-09-2011, 10:27 AM)Fragma Wrote: You can lead it sure. I asked people a while back but nobody seemed interested.

Well, you already know how active I am in the tech sections of the forum lol. Mainly it's been the programming areas here, but even the graphic sections from time to time. If Omni doesn't want a similar leader for more than one group, then i'll have to stick with the group I created, can't just abandon those who've put the effort into applying. But i'm hoping that it doesn't just go down the drain for no real reason.

And back onto the discussion about the development of RoboBackup Smile
Hahah, I setup this application with Multi-threading abilities, and my last test through debug mode did a backup of a full sized directory around 3GB total, to my external in around 15-30 seconds... 8 different threads as a default.

I believe I have another method to decrease that data transfer time even more too. Smile
This looks like a great little application, and wow the transfer rate is pretty impressive. I'd love to see more development on this, bookmarked.
[Image: dHtHt.png]

Learning C++
Yeah Ace sounds like he'd make a good leader, Nice program here and a sexy 3k posts.
Looks like a nice app you have there. I actually made something similar to this a while back.
[Image: inm4jO.png]
[ AIM: YoRelapse | Gamertag: N/A | MSN: YoRelapse@live.com ]
I'm looking into a few more methods that might just improve that data transfer speed a bit, but i'll continue this once I get back from mexico the start of next week

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disc Dash Bot - Created by AceInfinity AceInfinity 2 1,034 07-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Code Challenge - Created by Ace AceInfinity 5 1,444 04-24-2012, 10:27 AM
  FBytes - Binary Merge Tool - Created by AceInfinity AceInfinity 2 1,014 01-07-2012, 04:47 PM
  File Profiler Demo - Preview - Developed by Ace AceInfinity 4 1,225 12-30-2011, 08:17 PM
  New System Diagnostic Tool - Created by Ace AceInfinity 28 7,583 11-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Last Post: UrbanByte