Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iTunes not recognizing iPod Touch...
(10-09-2009, 01:12 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: Does it make that sound when you plug it in that indicates new hardware has been detected? Have you also tried reinstalling iTunes?
I can remember trying that but had no luck, and it was just a pain in the ass because I forgot to export library.

By all means, give this a go, just be sure to export your library first so you don't have to build the whole thing again!
Quote:By all means, give this a go, just be sure to export your library first so you don't have to build the whole thing again!

I agree. I dunno if iTunes has an option to do this, but you could always just clear it and then use TuneAid to extract the media from your iPod.
(10-09-2009, 01:12 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: Does it make that sound when you plug it in that indicates new hardware has been detected? Have you also tried reinstalling iTunes?
Yes, and Yes
does is show up as a camera in my computer?
(10-08-2009, 09:28 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I apologise, but I fear for your lack of reading comprehension. I was clearly implying 'iPod Touches'. when I said 'iTouches'.

I guess you aren't aware of the ongoing iTouch vs. iPod Touch battle?

Anyway reset is hold the square button and the lock button until it resets. If that doesn't work make sure your iTunes is working correctly and see if the iPod drivers were installed correctly.
Quote:I guess you aren't aware of the ongoing iTouch vs. iPod Touch battle?

No, and I don't see why I would care. It's a word, and until a new product called "iTouch" is released, then I won't bother to write out "iPod touch".
(10-11-2009, 05:59 PM)R3c0nn1ssanc3 Wrote: does is show up as a camera in my computer?

Yeah, and Auto Play comes up aswell
1) open device manager, either by right clicking on computer, and then clicking manage, and then finally on device manager, or by typing
devmgmt.msc in the search (or run) box on the bottom of the start menu and hitting enter.

2) find the ipod, it (should) be listed under digital cameras (or something to that effect), right click it and choose "update driver software"

3) choose "browse my computer for driver software"

4) for the location (you must have itunes already installed) use C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers (substitute C: for whatever your system drive letter is) and click next, windows should find the CORRECT driver in that location and proceed to update the driver

5) after the update is complete click finish to close the dialog box, then unplug the ipod and plug it back in. itunes should now recognize the ipod.

edit: if thats not the correct driver location I think you just need to search for usbaapl

it could be in like C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE or C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE\usbaapl_A65…

your looking for usbaapl.sys, usbaapl.inf, usbaapl64.sys, or usbaapl64.inf
if you still need help I can install the driver though team viewer tomorrow.
(10-11-2009, 08:47 PM)R3c0nn1ssanc3 Wrote: 1) open device manager, either by right clicking on computer, and then clicking manage, and then finally on device manager, or by typing
devmgmt.msc in the search (or run) box on the bottom of the start menu and hitting enter.

2) find the ipod, it (should) be listed under digital cameras (or something to that effect), right click it and choose "update driver software"

3) choose "browse my computer for driver software"

4) for the location (you must have itunes already installed) use C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers (substitute C: for whatever your system drive letter is) and click next, windows should find the CORRECT driver in that location and proceed to update the driver

5) after the update is complete click finish to close the dialog box, then unplug the ipod and plug it back in. itunes should now recognize the ipod.

edit: if thats not the correct driver location I think you just need to search for usbaapl

it could be in like C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE or C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE\usbaapl_A65…

your looking for usbaapl.sys, usbaapl.inf, usbaapl64.sys, or usbaapl64.inf

I did all that, and it said the driver is already up to date.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  itunes on both hard-drive and computer anonali 0 751 10-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Last Post: anonali
  TUT-How to Semi-Tether jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 4G,3G OFWGKTΔ 2 2,538 12-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Last Post: OFWGKTΔ
  iPod Touch Speaker Not Working? Professor Oak 3 8,418 12-19-2011, 07:09 AM
  Where are .debs installed? [iPod touch 2G.] Grin 3 1,160 12-19-2011, 07:05 AM
  iTunes Setup Error (PLEASE HELP) ErocGo0niE 2 2,173 11-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Last Post: D3xus