Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pros and cons to ps3 and xbox
(05-21-2010, 04:43 AM)Ragalshnagal Wrote: As an owner of 3 RROD'ed 360s, and 1 40GB PS3 (and a wii) , I must say, OP made this thread in favor of 360.

Let's fix that.

PS3

Cheaper than the ps3 - PS3 is same price as 360's Elite, but comes with 250GB instead of 360's 120GB( I think its 120). Therefore, you get more for your money with PS3. Why pay for an elite? You can buy a regular one for less than a PS3 and it works perfectly fine.

Play music while playing games - Not the older games, but with new ones its possible. Yeah, you can technically play music with an iPod on XB360 and PS3 but no one really does that.

More games - Only because Xbox was out a year early and no one saw the PS3's capabilities. So we both agree on this?

The Halo series - Is crap. Halo Reach is Halo 3 with a sprint button. You've been playing the same game for years. Really ignorant statement. I won't respond to that but I'll just say that obviously the fact that 8 million people (more than the amount of people who bought MW2) bought Halo 3 says that the game is pretty good.

Being able to MOD it - Why waste money on a cool case or LED lights? Why take the chance of getting your 360 banned? LOL. You don't get banned for modding your case or lights, but anyway, it's more fun when you can customize your console.

Change your gamertag - You have to pay for this. With PS3, you can make a new username for free. Do you retain the stats and achievements of the user? Xbox users do.

Decent sized HD - 120GB is "decent", but you have to buy overpriced Xbox hard drives. 120GB is more than enough if you don't download tons of games from the marketplace. Also HDs come with most of the consoles.

Built in mic jack in controller - ...and? We get wireless headsets that hook into the PS3 leaving our controllers alone. Ours are free with most consoles, and you also have the option to buy wireless.

larger online community - Full of whining 12 year olds.

More of a competitive community(Competitive gaming events) - For whining 12 year olds.

Partys with friends - With your 12 year old friends. @The three statements above, that's a pathetic excuse. Everyone knows that a lot of people on XBL aren't little kids, PS3 users just use this to try to make their community sound better.

Send voice messages - Can do this on PS3. Yup.

Oh and the PS3 doesn't need batteries for controllers! You can charge it through the PS3 or Computer! ( or 360, or wii) via USB Big Grin Our wired controllers also use USB.

(05-28-2010, 10:35 PM)Cybr Wrote: What Xbox have you been playing? You can play music while playing games.
Yeah, but you can't use an iPod Touch/iPhone or use last.fm so it's really not that great.
I just stay on my laptop when I wanna listen to music while gaming.
[Image: vwx1mh.png]
The ps3 has way to little games and you can't change your name unless your in japan.

The xbox is harder to hack so less glitches.
(05-29-2010, 05:08 PM)RTM xBEASTx Wrote: The xbox is harder to hack so less glitches.

It seems like a lot more people hack the 360 thought. Then again, I don't have a PS3 so I wouldn't know.
The newer xbox's I heard have no cons (except the pay for live)
I really like Xbox because Halo3, Its unique and I give it a Thumbsup
[Image: ojntld.png]
  • MSN: xAnonymous420@Hotmail.com
You can get 250 gb hard drives for the xbox 360. That is plenty of space. I think that 60gb or more of hard drive space is plenty of room in my opinion anyways. Overall I believe that the xbox 360 is better. They both have there ups and downs and it would be nice to have both systems but for now I have the xbox 360, and don't plan on getting the ps3 anytime soon. I am definitely looking forward to getting project natal for the xbox 360 though when it comes out. It is only going to be 80 dollars or less.
I think the ps3 is better, because you can browse the internet.

This helps me with my anime in 42 inches. :3

The xbox has better games IMO.
The ps3 is better overall though.
[Image: gfxbanner.png]
I do not really agree with some of your cons for the Xbox 360.
It is unstable for the people who cannot take care of their xbox properly. People's xboxes overheat because they leave them on the carpet and they collect dust inside the fans.
You need to pay for the xbox community because they offer many other services on top of just playing online. I've also heard that the PS3 servers aren't as stable.
Even though anyone can negative rep you for no reason, anyone can also positive rep you as well. Smile
(Yes I am a Microsoft Fanboy)
OK PS3 there is no flaws,

360's flaws? HMMM WHERE TO START!!!
RROD, Pay for internet, No Blueray player (and you pay the same price for ps3 and ps3 comes with one), You need to buy batteries for your wireless controls. And you cant forget all the stupid Xbl SKIDS that are like 'y0 I g0nnaz DDoS yo azz s0n I runzz Xblzzz'
I personally couldn't decide, but most of my mates bought an xbox so i did, but ps3's are good the oldest ones are the best IMO, i bought both, i only bought the ps3 for its PS2 ability and BlueRay Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PS3 or XBOX Meat 61 10,131 08-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Uzi
  CONSOLE WARS: PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs WII Deadmau5 104 39,748 08-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Uzi
  Xbox Vs Ps3 Vs Nintendo wii Billy Mays 18 2,514 03-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Last Post: TwoMuchCaffeine
  What is your favorite game (Ps3 + Xbox) Lеgеnd 9 1,413 03-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Candyshop
  Skyrim for the PS3 OVO™ 1 691 12-19-2011, 04:25 AM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜHacker™