Support Forums

Full Version: Pros and cons to ps3 and xbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm not a fanboy to either console. I'll try to make everything as even as possible and which one is better is up to you. Thumbsup

I'll start off with the ps3.

Pros:
  • It's basically a home entertainment center.
  • Share photos
  • Put music on it
  • Blue-ray player
  • Wifi
  • Epic graphics
  • Supports up to 7 controllers
  • Up to 250gb HD
  • Free internet/Online multiplayer
  • Wireless controller
  • Headset is about the size of your ear
  • Stable
  • You can turn it into a computer
  • Silent
  • (This was taking for the internet- http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_p...60_and_ps3) Has exclusive games like: Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted 2, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo, just to name a few.

Cons:
  • Takes a little while to install games
  • Takes a little while to update games depending on your internet connection
  • Not as many games as the Xbox
  • Cost slightly more than the Xbox
  • Can't listen to music while playing most games(as far as I know)

And now for the Xbox:

Pros:
  • Cheaper than the ps3
  • Play music while playing games
  • More games
  • The Halo series
  • Being able to MOD it
  • Change your gamertag
  • Decent sized HD
  • Built in mic jack in controller
  • larger online community
  • More of a competitive community(Competitive gaming events)
  • Partys with friends
  • Send voice messages

Cons:
[*]NOT STABLE
[*]Have to pay to play online
[*]No wifi
[*]Rep system for your account. Anyone can rep you bad for no reason
[*]Can be noisy
As an owner of 3 RROD'ed 360s, and 1 40GB PS3 (and a wii) , I must say, OP made this thread in favor of 360.

Let's fix that.

PS3

Cheaper than the ps3 - PS3 is same price as 360's Elite, but comes with 250GB instead of 360's 120GB( I think its 120). Therefore, you get more for your money with PS3.

Play music while playing games - Not the older games, but with new ones its possible.

More games - Only because Xbox was out a year early and no one saw the PS3's capabilities.

The Halo series - Is crap. Halo Reach is Halo 3 with a sprint button. You've been playing the same game for years.

Being able to MOD it - Why waste money on a cool case or LED lights? Why take the chance of getting your 360 banned?

Change your gamertag - You have to pay for this. With PS3, you can make a new username for free.

Decent sized HD - 120GB is "decent", but you have to buy overpriced Xbox hard drives.

Built in mic jack in controller - ...and? We get wireless headsets that hook into the PS3 leaving our controllers alone.

larger online community - Full of whining 12 year olds.

More of a competitive community(Competitive gaming events) - For whining 12 year olds.

Partys with friends - With your 12 year old friends.

Send voice messages - Can do this on PS3.

Oh and the PS3 doesn't need batteries for controllers! You can charge it through the PS3 or Computer! ( or 360, or wii) via USB Big Grin
As an 80 GB ps3 owner and an XBox360 Elite owner You forgot the fact that when Sony's PS3 have issues after a year you gotta pay 250$ to get it fixed when it's their faulty equipment but, MS will give you a free 3 years to get it fixed.

(05-21-2010, 04:43 AM)Ragalshnagal Wrote: [ -> ]As an owner of 3 RROD'ed 360s, and 1 40GB PS3 (and a wii) , I must say, OP made this thread in favor of 360

How do you figure he made it in favor of the 360? It seems to me that he posted the highs and lows about each system. There is actually more pros for the PS3 and the same amount of cons for both so that doesn't even make sense.
(05-21-2010, 05:17 AM)caspur Wrote: [ -> ]As an 80 GB ps3 owner and an XBox360 Elite owner You forgot the fact that when Sony's PS3 have issues after a year you gotta pay 250$ to get it fixed when it's their faulty equipment but, MS will give you a free 3 years to get it fixed.

How do you figure he made it in favor of the 360? It seems to me that he posted the highs and lows about each system. There is actually more pros for the PS3 and the same amount of cons for both so that doesn't even make sense.
Hm? I've only had a ps3 for a few months and it's running just fine. I don't see anything bad happening to it in a few months.
(05-21-2010, 09:22 AM)hugsyou Wrote: [ -> ]Hm? I've only had a ps3 for a few months and it's running just fine. I don't see anything bad happening to it in a few months.

I'm pretty sure the problem was only with the 80GB PS3s when they came out. The XMB would freeze and show snow across it and make a humming noise
I am looking into getting PS3, have a xbox 360 elite.

Want a fudge ps3 now Smile
My brother has a PS3 that's compatible with PS2 games and I have a Xbox360 Elite. I like the Xbox for games and PS3 for movies.
(05-21-2010, 04:43 AM)Ragalshnagal Wrote: [ -> ]As an owner of 3 RROD'ed 360s, and 1 40GB PS3 (and a wii) , I must say, OP made this thread in favor of 360.

Let's fix that.

PS3

Cheaper than the ps3 - PS3 is same price as 360's Elite, but comes with 250GB instead of 360's 120GB( I think its 120). Therefore, you get more for your money with PS3.

Play music while playing games - Not the older games, but with new ones its possible.

More games - Only because Xbox was out a year early and no one saw the PS3's capabilities.

The Halo series - Is crap. Halo Reach is Halo 3 with a sprint button. You've been playing the same game for years.

Being able to MOD it - Why waste money on a cool case or LED lights? Why take the chance of getting your 360 banned?

Change your gamertag - You have to pay for this. With PS3, you can make a new username for free.

Decent sized HD - 120GB is "decent", but you have to buy overpriced Xbox hard drives.

Built in mic jack in controller - ...and? We get wireless headsets that hook into the PS3 leaving our controllers alone.

larger online community - Full of whining 12 year olds.

More of a competitive community(Competitive gaming events) - For whining 12 year olds.

Partys with friends - With your 12 year old friends.

Send voice messages - Can do this on PS3.

Oh and the PS3 doesn't need batteries for controllers! You can charge it through the PS3 or Computer! ( or 360, or wii) via USB Big Grin

Sounds like you're going by your own opinion.
(05-20-2010, 08:55 PM)hugsyou Wrote: [ -> ]And now for the Xbox:

Pros:
  • Cheaper than the ps3
  • Play music while playing games
  • More games
  • The Halo series
  • Being able to MOD it
  • Change your gamertag
  • Decent sized HD
  • Built in mic jack in controller
  • larger online community
  • More of a competitive community(Competitive gaming events)
  • Partys with friends
  • Send voice messages

Cons:
[*]NOT STABLE
[*]Have to pay to play online
[*]No wifi
[*]Rep system for your account. Anyone can rep you bad for no reason
[*]Can be noisy

Might as well fix this xbox list even though I'm a fanboy.

>You can't play music while playing games. I know that Sony has this planned for later this year but you'll have to pay for it anyway. Microsoft will probably add this in later too.

>I think that everyone agrees Xbox has a way better community than PS3 and they are improving it every day. This is one of the best parts of Xbox Live.

>The Xbox is more stable than you think. It also comes with a really long warranty.

>It does have Wifi, but not built in. You have to buy an attachment.

>Rep is stupid and pointless on XBL. Don't even worry about it because everyone has 5/5 rep stars no matter what.
What Xbox have you been playing? You can play music while playing games.
I prefer Xbox, but I don't think XbL has a better community. Full of immature people.
Xbox comes with a long warranty because of all of the RRoD's.
No one cares about rep on XbL.
Pages: 1 2 3 4