Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doesn't make sense.
Why is there a home tab next to the search bar, when you can just click the support forums banner to get back to the main index?
[Image: 0fcb61bd256add2d3b03271e3fa0cfbb.gif]
And when there are a search bar to the right of the banner? Never thought about this.
[Image: wugcpy.png]

Because some people might prefer it.
[Image: donation_drive_sig.png]
Because you can't search a username in the quicksearch.
Why not? I sometimes click the Home tab in the navigation.. I don't really see why it's something to pick up on. Theres also a Link to the home page in the footer.
ive noticed that some people not up to date with technology use the obviouse like that, my step dad types real slow and then clicks the Go button after instead of hitting enter.
(05-10-2010, 10:11 AM)JustHayden Wrote: ive noticed that some people not up to date with technology use the obviouse like that, my step dad types real slow and then clicks the Go button after instead of hitting enter.

That makes sense. People notice or prefer various types of links and that variety needs to be addressed in site design.
It's just a convenience. As hard as it may be for you or others to believe, some people don't assume know that clicking the site banner redirects you to home.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]
Employing different methods to accomplish a task is a vital aspect of forum design. Different users prefer different methods. Plus, the header nav looks better with all the links.
All people arent same so the methods they use aren't,too.As a an example i always the
SupportForums / Support Forum Information / Site News and Feedback / Doesn't make sense.
^^^^^^^^
use this to turn to the index.php page.I never use banned or home tab.Also I never use the search button in upper right corner,and many other things.The point of all this is that none uses same methods so this is reliability that forum can adjust to lots of different users.

Lock request.

-Eagle
[Image: 28jy5v9.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SupportForums doesn't work on Mozila Firefox? Chelloa 7 1,035 06-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  'Tracking' feature doesn't work. Vexna 3 915 02-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Last Post: D3xus