Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coding my own forum
Hey Heli0s;

Like I already said, I am aware of that. However, if you read up, I want the experience.

Thanks Smile
You seem to oppose both sides; when they said to not do it you opposed them, and when they said to do it you opposed them. If you want us to help, let us voice what we think.

I think you should go with MyBB, just because it is awesome. I love MyBB and will never use anything else.
[Image: donation_drive_sig.png]
It's always better to take your time if you want it to look professional. So sure, have a go. I would if I knew how to make something like MyBB, or could be bothered too. Tongue
I think it is good enough to just design an awesome theme for MyBB that is like no other; you could easily learn how to make a theme in the time it would take you to code a forum.
[Image: donation_drive_sig.png]
Yeah I suppose, it would probably take about 1/3 of the time to make a MyBB Professional looking theme. And I suppose you can get them to look good. But its purely up to you.
Hi, ndee.

Do it! Being able to code your own forum would be great, if you've got the skill. You'd be able to incorporate everything you've ever wanted in a forum, and make it the best. I say go for it!

Thanks,
Malware Boss
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
Hey guys;

I decided to go for it. The progress will be slow but in the end I'll get the same results.

Wish me luck.
Oh, dear. Experience-wise, you'll learn a lot and gain a lot of experience, no doubt. This is resumé material.

Good luck, friend. We'll be here to help you as much as we can.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  myBB Forum Permission Cache Error - Crippling My Forum CruciasNZ 1 929 04-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Kevin Cheri