Support Forums

Full Version: Coding my own forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys;

I was thinking of coding my own forum. It wouldn't be too much. I would use PHP and MySQL, and then add some neat css.

It will take time, time that I don't have. However, I have a couple of free hours a day and if I decide to start coding the forum, then I will be working during my free time.

Should I start working? Or spend my time doing something else?
MyBB already exists, why bother?
Just use vBulletin, MyBB, PHPBB ETC.

Much less work Smile
Imo, it's a waste of time. I would suggest spending your time doing something else Smile
If you want the experience then yes.
Not only does that give me a big boost in PHP/MySQL/AJAX, but the forum software could be sold later on. Plus, it's way more professional to code a forum than to use an existing one.
(04-26-2010, 11:46 AM)ndee Wrote: [ -> ]Not only does that give me a big boost in PHP/MySQL/AJAX, but the forum software could be sold later on. Plus, it's way more professional to code a forum than to use an existing one.

Well, you seem to want to, so why not?
Like I said, not a lot of free time.

Coding a forum will take approx. 6 to 7 months of work, since I'll be working alone.
(04-26-2010, 11:49 AM)ndee Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said, not a lot of free time.

Coding a forum will take approx. 6 to 7 months of work, since I'll be working alone.

You could always do it a little at a time.
MyBB exists strictly so you don't have to waste your time, sir.
Pages: 1 2