Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethical-Hackers.org
(04-18-2010, 09:44 PM)Cats R Kewl Wrote: Kind of pointless website? Plus you're advertising HF and Leetcoders... Are you getting paid at all for that... If not it would just be a website advertising your Forums..http://certifiedethicalhackers.org/forums/

Nah, the main site is just a home page. The forums is the real deal, but the main page is there to give definition to the rest of the site. As well, I'm advertising HF and Leetcoders for link opportunities. LC and CEH have a link exchange. HF has a big enough community that anyone linking there from my site who is interested in my site will hopefully talk about it and spread the word of my site or link back to it etc. etc. I don't wish to steal members from Omni's sites, that's pointless entirely. But if I can at least get the word out about my site, I can hopefully gain members from other areas on the internet who are good quality members.

(04-18-2010, 11:09 PM)Carb0n F1ber Wrote: The blackish theme itself seems to me like an underground hackers forum.... Perhaps you should make it grayish ?? .. Sorry, but that is just my opinion. In other words, it looks like a nice site. Probably you should make more topics on certification tricks and dumps.

Cheers :biggrin:

I've been thinking about the grayish theme myself, but at the moment I'm not exactly sure of how the site should "feel" as it really hasn't gotten much of a community as of yet. Once it starts to gain momentum I'll be making some changes to reflect that momentum.

(04-18-2010, 11:24 PM)Bill Nye Wrote: Love it.
I will surely become a big poster there.

In need of any help feel free to contact me.

Thanks Smile I look forward to your posts Smile.

(04-18-2010, 11:00 PM)Extasey Wrote: Too much information on the first page... well, too small. Try and condense and increase the font size.
I look at the amount of information there and instantly think "fudge, I'm not going to read that."
If it takes effort for a user to read it, it should be condensed.
The site has a very nice overall look, but I'm not the biggest fan of the logo. Not that professional looking.
But good work.

You're right, I'll work on that a little bit later. I personally really like the logo, but if you think there's something better please feel free to submit a suggested logo and I'll take a look at it Smile. I'm sure there are more professional ideas and thoughts out there that could really help out a great deal. Smile
Fight Human Trafficking | Slavery Report
Discuss Space, Science, and Exploration | Space Inhabitation Coalition
I would +Rep you for being so open minded, but I stumbled across this:

Support Forums Wrote:Error

You have already given as many reputation ratings as you are allowed to for today.
(04-19-2010, 01:40 AM)Extasey Wrote: I would +Rep you for being so open minded, but I stumbled across this:
Tongue it's the thought that counts ;).

Actually one thing I am looking for help is some kind of tool that does a good job at taking mybb themes and adjusting the colors of them so i can see what I'm wanting. I honestly have no idea what good colors would be or how to implement them. I've looked at several color scheme tools but it's all jibberish to me. Any ideas or suggestions of a good css color theme for the theme I'm using that would look a bit lighter but still hold that "cool" look to it?
(04-19-2010, 01:53 AM)MasterZuFu Wrote: Actually one thing I am looking for help is some kind of tool that does a good job at taking mybb themes and adjusting the colors of them so i can see what I'm wanting.

Something like a "mybb theme editor" ???
[Image: IKILLUNEW.jpg]
(04-19-2010, 02:55 AM)Carb0n F1ber Wrote: Something like a "mybb theme editor" ???

Yes, that exactly Smile
I changed the forum's theme. What do you think now?

EDIT: Gotta do a little troubleshooting with a plugin so it looks all funky right now. Be patient.
Lol I think I was looking at the wrong page before Tongue
I commented on the main index of your site!
Haha. I don't mind your theme. Everything is easy to read and nothing stands out as horribly bad!
It's ok, I just changed the location anyways. I put the main page here: http://certifiedethicalhackers.org/home.php and put the forums in the main directory. Now it's a lot cleaner and put together.
Hey there ;)

Other than the domain being a little too long and the banner reminding me of LC, it's a pretty good website/forum. I like the colors and content.

So good luck with it.
Thanks ndee Smile

there's not much I can do about the domain name being long, I think the logo matches the rest of the theme rather nicely though. Smile thanks!

Question/request anyone?

I am looking for an "icon" to represent the site. Something that I can post on the internet that can be immediately identified with my site. Something unique, something that catches the tone. I don't know, an animal, a person, something interesting and intriguing. Anyone got any ideas or willing to support?

-ZuFu

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hackbb.org | #1 Hacking Forum Keef 0 703 06-14-2014, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Keef
  Gangforums.org GangForums.Org 1 645 01-19-2013, 03:53 AM
Last Post: Deepak
  Gangforums.org GangForums.Org 0 527 12-19-2012, 02:43 AM
Last Post: GangForums.Org
  MusicAnchor.org - Music Forums Combo 11 1,328 03-06-2012, 01:53 AM