Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Book
(04-07-2010, 02:41 AM)Pokémon Wrote: what is that about?

It is about the title character who is abandoned during World War II. He is called the English patient because it is assumed that he is a spy from England. The nurse who continues to remain with him is a young woman suffering from the trauma of her father's death. Most of the novel is narrated by the bedridden patient who, under the influence of morphine, recalls how he fell in love with a young married woman and the affair they had.

It is not a happy novel and the ending describes loss beautifully. Michael Ondaatje is a poet and the prose of the novel is gorgeous. I love how he uses language in the novel and how suffused it is with yearning. Just thinking about it makes me want to read it again.
The Catcher In The Rye by J.D.Salinger is a good novel.

I need a new signature!
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom is AMAZING!
tay.Superman
Hello;

I suppose 1983 would be a favorite of mine. It's about a negative utopia after the destruction of the USA, and the other countries of the world. Three replacements are tested against each-other, and history is re-written daily to fit the ideologies of these countries.

Very interesting.
[Image: r7g7j89si72ysmkv4yzm.png]

"Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow."
The best book i read at school was "of mice and men".
Its a great book and a great film.
I would suggest both Reading it and watching it, if you haven't already.
[Image: s1.jpg]
Books I had to read for school? 'The Stranger' and 'Demian' were good.
Number The Stars is a fantastic book.

I also liked "Breathing Underwater", "Life As We Knew It", "Such A Pretty Girl", "Friction", "Go Ask Alice", and more.
Lord Of The Flies, Al Capone Does My Shirts, and a few others I can't particularly think of because they're not worth my time remembering.
Need help with graphics or Photoshop? Feel free to PM.
[Image: 746c52b5.png]
MSN: Kriminal@Lumbridge.net
1984 by George Orwell.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]
(04-21-2010, 05:32 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Number The Stars is a fantastic book.

I also liked "Breathing Underwater", "Life As We Knew It", "Such A Pretty Girl", "Friction", "Go Ask Alice", and more.

You know you are the first person who has said that about number the stars? I haven't ever met anyone who read or liked that book.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eh, Have you read This book?`` Just Do It 4 912 09-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Last Post: LiteFire
  The Samurai's tale [book/paying for help] Bullet Proof 1 1,267 04-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Bullet Proof
  VOCAB POWER PLUS BOOK TWO. NEED HELP !! Reality 0 726 10-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Reality
  How can I make myself read this book? Camgaertner 3 881 08-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Sharkey