Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignorance is my benefit
I made $20 changing a persons password on Windows XP that had forgot it, and $50 for installing a neighbors wireless router. You are correct; The internet, and computers are becoming a huge part of every day life, just like cars have been for several decades now, and because people need them, they will pay a lot for simple services.
Tell him I will install anything he wants for $50 for a pop.
Yeah, you'd be surprised how much a little support will go.
I had a similar experience with my friends starting up business, I helped set up server + routers.
Gave me like 200 dollars, I didn't even expect it, was just helping a friend out.
Knowledge is power.
(03-22-2010, 09:16 AM)Annuit Coeptis Wrote: The other day one of my friends asked me how to make PDF files. I told him about the save as pdf add on for ms word. He asked if I could put it on his computer and I said yes.

My buddy doesn't know a lot about computers so I helped him out and installed Save as PDF and Adobe reader for him.

After I finished he agreed to take me home and as we were driving in the car he pulled out a fifty and handed it to me. I said what's that for? He said for helping me with my computer. I said, oh yeah, right. And I took the money and got out of the car.

This goes to show what knowledge is good for.

I made fifty bucks that day for installing save as pdf and reader. Thats some good profit. It amazes me how much people are willing to pay for such simple things.

If he was my friend I wouldn't have taken the money, because I would feel terrible later on.