Support Forums

Full Version: Ignorance is my benefit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The other day one of my friends asked me how to make PDF files. I told him about the save as pdf add on for ms word. He asked if I could put it on his computer and I said yes.

My buddy doesn't know a lot about computers so I helped him out and installed Save as PDF and Adobe reader for him.

After I finished he agreed to take me home and as we were driving in the car he pulled out a fifty and handed it to me. I said what's that for? He said for helping me with my computer. I said, oh yeah, right. And I took the money and got out of the car.

This goes to show what knowledge is good for.

I made fifty bucks that day for installing save as pdf and reader. Thats some good profit. It amazes me how much people are willing to pay for such simple things.
Ghehe, that's nice for you Smile You didn't ask him money, but he just gave it to you, pritty cool. Tongue
Same with cars. They are very simple, but people are willing to pay out the ass to have little things done.
My work has paid over... what now 1100 bucks for an extremely simple feedback system.
Someone paid me $30 to install MyBB for him, $10 to do a PayPal exchange service so he could buy a domain, and another $20 if I would show him how to install plugins, themes, and add categories/forums via the ACP. So nice Smile
Geek squad guys make big money.

I had an idea to try and make a little extra money off of this kind of thing. My business plan was to market to retired people. You know, put up flyers in retirement communities to help people with their PCs. That way the work is easy, I get paid a lot (retirees are rich), and I can hang out with old folks! How great is that?
LoL 50 $ for a Adobe Reader nice profit.
(03-22-2010, 03:30 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]Same with cars. They are very simple, but people are willing to pay out the ass to have little things done.

ROFLLL made my day
/agree

especially crappy toyotas
I wouldeve been so happy to get 50 dollars for that.

Btw best buy charges 150 usd to reformat a pc lmao.
Nice, but if I were you I wouldn't have taken a simple dollar from him.
Just tell him you can make it up at the McDonalds or something ^^

Taking money from friends isn't good ^^
Pages: 1 2