Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People saying pm me for support.
(02-28-2010, 08:01 PM)Snave Wrote: Even though you can't add a rule, what is your opinion on this matter? Do you wish people would stop doing that, or do you not really mind?

Of course I'd prefer people to use the open forums as much as possible. But a preference isn't always a good rule.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I find that PM's are annoying,but that is only my opinion.Blackhat
I find it a lot easier to offer individual support via PMs as sometimes I get carried away with whatever else I'm doing and forget to check back at the thread. Most PMs that I get don't really need to be discussed in the forums as they are kind of private matters, such as reputation abuse and so on.

I can understand where the OP is coming from and I agree to some extent, but the PM system is there for a reason. We might as well make the most of it. Smile
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

The forum will not die because people are communicating by PM.
(03-01-2010, 09:28 AM)Matt™ Wrote: The forum will not die because people are communicating by PM.

I agree, this doesn't hurt anyone in the slightest, it only helps. Btw, I thought of a reason that PM'ing for support is good. Let's say there's a member on here who needs help with a personal issue, but they're scared to post because they're afraid an HF member they know irl will join SF and read it. Lol, I have some of those issues.
[Image: b7yj2x.png]
What issues are they going to be afraid to post on here?
Emotional support isn't usually directed towards one person, and no one is just going to pm someone at random spewing their guts out.
(03-02-2010, 01:20 AM)Extasey Wrote: What issues are they going to be afraid to post on here?
Emotional support isn't usually directed towards one person, and no one is just going to pm someone at random spewing their guts out.

Let's say someone is confused about their sexuality, but don't want to risk someone who knows them irl or very well to know. So, they get help via PM from someone whom they can trust. Just one of many possible scenarios.
I really think this post resolves this thread as well: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....1#pid47851 whats wrong with this approach? No need for complex rules or systems.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
(03-02-2010, 03:08 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: Let's say someone is confused about their sexuality, but don't want to risk someone who knows them irl or very well to know. So, they get help via PM from someone whom they can trust. Just one of many possible scenarios.
Yeah, exactly. There are many other scenarios too that a member might not want to be viewed by another member they know irl.
[Image: b7yj2x.png]
Im with you all.