Support Forums

Full Version: People saying pm me for support.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Should be stopped. I think its nice they want to, but really it defeats the idea of supportforums...
Lol, don't worry about it.
They won't eat all the forum activity Tongue
I think it's fine as some people may not want to talk to the whole forum.
I do it for security reasons; something personal, something I don't want the general public to know.
Well if you need to give access to something i can see, but it should be posted first, if something privately needs to be disclosed cacn be.
(02-28-2010, 03:08 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Well if you need to give access to something i can see, but it should be posted first, if something privately needs to be disclosed cacn be.
Lol, is this because of me specifically, or do you see other members doing this? Also I offer it because there are certain matters that people may want to discuss, but they don't want to address the entire forum.
No, there are tons of people with that. And under certian circumstances, would be okay. But if you could sign up, pm someone 20 times, it makes sf die.
Well I can't really add a rule to stop this.
(02-28-2010, 07:09 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]Well I can't really add a rule to stop this.

Even though you can't add a rule, what is your opinion on this matter? Do you wish people would stop doing that, or do you not really mind?
Censoring what can and cannot be talked about in PMs to such an extent would be terrible, imo. The forum isn't going to die just because of people offering support via PM.
Pages: 1 2 3