Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Support Forums Starting To Pick Up Nicely
Just an update to this 2 month old thread.

I continue to analyze traffic and activity patterns and I think we finally hit a milestone that I've been looking for. We are now #1 for "support forums" in Google. Our search engine traffic has tripled this past 2 weeks. This indicates to me that we'll start having some real fresh members here coming from more than just HF.

Search engine traffic is vital to the growth of any website. Hopefully the growth will continue. I'm pretty satisfied right now with the direction of the site.

Thanks everyone. Maybe I'll update this again in a few more months.

EDIT: Decided to add a screenshot. This is past 30 days.

[Image: vexkazp41n5pfsjy1z.jpg]
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Haha, this is awesome. I serached for Support Forums and there popped this forums out Smile

I love these forums and specially the fact that its growing and more members. It gets booring with the same members all the time. Get what I mean, periwinkle? New users, new ideas, more creativeness and none the less more fun!
It takes time. What's important is reaching goals, having patience, and know what it takes to get there. I have all those abilities and more.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I'm happy for this and I'm happy for you Omni, kudos. Smile
If you need any help feel free to PM me. Offering emotional support.
This is amazing omni. Yeye

This community is already great as it is. Imagine it bigger. It'd be a success with the right additions - Maybe even bigger than HF.

Proud to be one of the first members here. This community is perfect. Contains civil members, good staff and great discussion topics.

You have given this forum a very good starting Omni. I bet you took all the knowledge you had from HF and implemented it here. In that case, I predict a success.
This is fantastic news. It's only a matter of time before supportforums is getting as many members as HF currently does!

Thanks for the update.
Beat me for 6 days NM. Smile
I'm very glad that the site has been picking up! I am sad to see that SF will have its trolls, but I guess I shouldn't be so naive; all forums do! It's great to see a helpful site like SF is picking up, though. It's terrible to see crappy forums be so popular, but smaller ones like SF go unnoticed. However, all of this is starting to change, thanks to all of us Smile Let us all pat each other on the backs.
(04-21-2010, 01:00 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I'm very glad that the site has been picking up! I am sad to see that SF will have its trolls, but I guess I shouldn't be so naive; all forums do! It's great to see a helpful site like SF is picking up, though. It's terrible to see crappy forums be so popular, but smaller ones like SF go unnoticed. However, all of this is starting to change, thanks to all of us Smile Let us all pat each other on the backs.

Are you implying something? xD
There are always lessons to be learned from failures and successes. Obviously if I had to start HF from scratch I'd do a few things differently. There will be mistakes here but I think I have a clearer vision of SF than I did with HF. I believe that's going to make a difference. HF was more of a fluke than intentional. SF is very deliberate. I never intended HF to be what it has become.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support Forums For Sale? Shadaw 27 5,083 10-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Is it Okay to use support-forums if you're banned from Hackforums? Paramore 8 1,867 09-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Last Post: rattlesnake™
  How to Pick Up Support Forums? Metapod 5 1,594 06-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Cronus
  Support Forums - Activity Diabolic 76 15,286 06-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  [Release] Support Forums Special Header Links D3xus 41 8,078 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Last Post: D3xus