Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which OS is best for me.
Well, i think linux is out of the question now i have to pick between windows and mac.
Ahahaha well said.
I'm sorry, but I'm disagreeing with Extasey and Windows. There is no reason to eliminate Linux out of the whole picking process. You have to actually try it, don't go off what other people have said. Sure, it'll be a little hard at first coming from Windows, but you get used to it. And if you don't mess around on it, nothing'll break.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Yea true trilobyte. Nothing will break. But nothing will work either.
Try run a good game on there. Try doing simple stuff like duel monitors and webcams and capture cards and all the other things that never seem to work on the damn things but yet work well on windows.

I have been using linux off and on for about 6 years now. I even tried going dedicated linux a few times but always encounter stupid little problems and it just annoys me.
I like a pc to work for me. Not me work for it. And that is how i see a linux desktop unless you dont ever do anything except check emails and sign in to your favorite forum.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I use windows vista and it works fine for me, although next time I move, I am getting a mac because they have better security, however..... Most people say Macs are better.
| Conor C - The SkySpace
| Managed and Unmanaged Dedicated Servers and VPS.
| 99.9% Uptime Guarantee • 7 Day Money Back Guarantee
(02-09-2010, 10:09 AM)ccalby Wrote: I use windows vista and it works fine for me, although next time I move, I am getting a mac because they have better security, however..... Most people say Macs are better.

Yeah, but half the people i talk to say they are but the other half say there crap lols.
They are bad, but I am a moderate computer user, and it does what I need it to do. The stupid "allow" warning are so dumb though. I really don't recommend vista though.
| Conor C - The SkySpace
| Managed and Unmanaged Dedicated Servers and VPS.
| 99.9% Uptime Guarantee • 7 Day Money Back Guarantee
(02-09-2010, 04:57 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Yea true trilobyte. Nothing will break. But nothing will work either.
Try run a good game on there. Try doing simple stuff like duel monitors and webcams and capture cards and all the other things that never seem to work on the damn things but yet work well on windows.

I have been using linux off and on for about 6 years now. I even tried going dedicated linux a few times but always encounter stupid little problems and it just annoys me.
I like a pc to work for me. Not me work for it. And that is how i see a linux desktop unless you dont ever do anything except check emails and sign in to your favorite forum.

WINE will run a lot of games, if the computer is powerful enough.
GamerCraft

Visit it, and tell me what you think. Tongue
@DAMINK

Having the right harddware works? Installing Fedora for me will load all the drivers I need, Webcam, mic, anything. It works fine if you have the right computer. Smile
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
I have used many os and macs.
I have used ubuntu, freebsd, red hat, centos, slackware, and other linux distros.
I have used windows 2000, xp, 2003, 95, and 98.
My most favorite os is old windows xp.
It is much fast with sp1 or sp0.
The newer service packs bloat the windows xp and make it much slower.