Support Forums

Full Version: Which OS is best for me.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I didn't know were to post this.

I have been using windows for about 6 years now and i am just having so many problems its slow never does what i want it to, i have try'd linux and did not like it and mac osx which i did like.

I use my PC for graphics and i am just getting in to coding php, html and css, I watch videos and spend allot of time on the internet.

If you have any suggestions of what i should move to i would love for you to reply to this thread.

Thank you.
Did you try Windows 7?
(02-05-2010, 03:13 PM)Kharnage Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try Windows 7?

Yeah but i wasn't sure about it.
Macs are good for developement, so if your doing heavy graphics design, go with a Mac.
Else you can use Ubuntu. 9.10 is pretty cool, and if you use CCSM, if makes it extra sexy.
(02-05-2010, 07:53 PM)TheLifelessOne Wrote: [ -> ]Macs are good for developement, so if your doing heavy graphics design, go with a Mac.
Else you can use Ubuntu. 9.10 is pretty cool, and if you use CCSM, if makes it extra sexy.

I was thinking about a mac but half the people i talk to say its great but the other half think the opposite.
HTML, CSS and PHP are all cross-plat form languages. This is good because it doesn't matter what OS you choose, you can still code. PhotoShop, and I'm pretty sure gimp will work on both mac and windows, however linux will not run PhotoShop as far as I know.
Everything else can be run cross-platform, I recommend Windows 7 (can even sell it to you if you want), but if you feel the need for MAC, go for it. Its not going to limit you!
Linux.... Ehhh
(02-05-2010, 08:55 PM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]HTML, CSS and PHP are all cross-plat form languages. This is good because it doesn't matter what OS you choose, you can still code. PhotoShop, and I'm pretty sure gimp will work on both mac and windows, however linux will not run PhotoShop as far as I know.
Everything else can be run cross-platform, I recommend Windows 7 (can even sell it to you if you want), but if you feel the need for MAC, go for it. Its not going to limit you!
Linux.... Ehhh

Actually, if you use wine with Photoshop, it will work just fine. (well it does for me)
(02-07-2010, 02:14 PM)Dr. LongCat™ Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, if you use wine with Photoshop, it will work just fine. (well it does for me)

I was just reading about wine.
Well there you go.
Just because you are asking this question I would reccomend against linux. It can be hard and confusing, unless you find the right distro.
Yeah its free, but thats for a reason ;)
Yea linux is not for noobs. Sure you can install it easy enough now days with all gui's but keeping the thing going is where it gets hard.
Windows 7 would be my recommendation.
And for the record you can run most any program in linux. Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop and well countless others.
Still linux is a crap desktop IMHO but a great server. Unless you like screwing around with every little thing on your OS.
I have a mate who insists on using only linux. Every time i go over there he is trying to fix something lolol.
Every time he comes to my house i show him how it should run in a real enviroment Smile
WINDOWS
Pages: 1 2 3