Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review my website?
Hello.
I admit that I did not design it; I simply took a template from oswd.org (open source web design) and edited it with my content, added some tabs, and other tweaks. The free domain provider I'm using, .co.nr, requires that I put that backlink image on the index page, which is why it's there. Overall, what do y'all think about the content? Should I add more functionality, or is it fine as it is?

Note, I don't care about SEO or anything like that. I mainly just designed it as a personal webpage to tell about myself, as to avoid having to write About Me's, Interests, ect on my MySpace and Facebook profiles. I simply put the link in my About Me section on both social networks, and it seems to serve its purpose well.

http://elektrisk.co.nr/

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm using 000webhost as my hosting.
Imo, the green header doesn't look right with the gradient background. It'd look better in perhaps a blue? Or something along those lines..
Apart from that, so the main point of the site is like a "dox" on yourself? Or just a place for people to know who you are. It's nice, good luck with it. Smile
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Quote:Apart from that, so the main point of the site is like a "dox" on yourself? Or just a place for people to know who you are.

The main point is for people to learn about me. I've kind of stopped caring about if people can "d0x" me or whatever. So what if they know where I live? It's not like I use genuine information when signing up for accounts, ect.
A quick question: the proper term for being attracted to the same sex is "homosexuality". I don't understand why people say "gay".... :/
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
(01-20-2010, 05:10 PM)Аноним Интерфейс Wrote: A quick question: the proper term for being attracted to the same sex is "homosexuality". I don't understand why people say "gay".... :/

No, gay is a synonym for 'homosexual'. "Homosexual" is more formal sounding and more 'proper', I guess. Dictionary.com says:

Gay:
5. homosexual.

Wiktionary says, "# Gay is preferred to homosexual by many gay (homosexual) people as their own term for themselves, claiming that homosexual is dated and evokes a time when homosexuality was considered a mental illness by the mental health community."

Words change. "Lame" means 'not able to walk' but is hardly used in such a sense nowadays. It mainly means "stupid" or "dumb" in this day and age.
Your header image sucks. Doesn't blend.
I think you should became interpreter since you are great with other languages.
something to consider for your career.
The header colour seems to be the only downside. The content is well suited. Only other thing I reccomend is adding a a lighter section, with Youtube video's etc..
Sorry but i think the theme is horrible.
I don't like the theme at all sorry Sad
| Conor C - The SkySpace
| Managed and Unmanaged Dedicated Servers and VPS.
| 99.9% Uptime Guarantee • 7 Day Money Back Guarantee

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please Review bargain website Clones 1 659 10-02-2015, 06:45 PM
Last Post: leen12
  Review my website logonsf 4 748 10-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  [Please Review]Runetutor.net[Please Review] Thomas 5 1,595 05-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Pk3r_Pjer