Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Advise: I bought this CPU Cooler
Thanks man i know about prime95 but never used it before. I will check it out.
Thanks
I think for 40 bicks mate you did grate GW
(01-20-2010, 10:36 PM)4u111 Wrote: Thanks man i know about prime95 but never used it before. I will check it out.
Thanks

Ah! you can affirm "it's stable" after it pass the test (personally i like orthoss). You have to check the temperature with any software (i love core temp Big Grin). You shouldn't pass 80ºC and never "touch" 100ºC if you don't want to break the cores.
(01-22-2010, 10:11 AM)kaigen Wrote: Ah! you can affirm "it's stable" after it pass the test (personally i like orthoss). You have to check the temperature with any software (i love core temp Big Grin). You shouldn't pass 80ºC and never "touch" 100ºC if you don't want to break the cores.

Wow i dont let my system get any where near 80. 60 is about where it runs.
As for the OP and that cooler. Looks interesting man. Let us know how stable it turns out to be and what operating temperature you run at.

Here is mine.

And i dont run a fan on it either!
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

what about new processors i know its don't need high average of cooling, because the processors in 45nm and 35nm technology don't Heated too much ,maybe is better to focus on video card cooling
Hello again, i ran this program "Prime95" i just clicked on test and didn't know what was going on, i just noticed temperature for CPU went up from 27 to 36, and for core1: 33 to 38, core2: 39 to 39 stayed constant.
(01-22-2010, 03:38 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Wow i dont let my system get any where near 80. 60 is about where it runs.
As for the OP and that cooler. Looks interesting man. Let us know how stable it turns out to be and what operating temperature you run at.

Here is mine.

And i dont run a fan on it either!
This cooler is OK. I have 56ºC on core 0 51ºC on core 1 ON TESTS WITH 100% of LOAD(I'm not screaming Smile ). I never pass 60ºC. Your cooler is very good. I was near to buy one similar but with a fan in Smile.
(01-22-2010, 08:47 PM)4u111 Wrote: Hello again, i ran this program "Prime95" i just clicked on test and didn't know what was going on, i just noticed temperature for CPU went up from 27 to 36, and for core1: 33 to 38, core2: 39 to 39 stayed constant.
How much time you ran it? i recommend you about 10minutes. Then check the multiplayer of CPU if I'm not wrong for your CPU is x9,5 too.
Tell us how worked prime 95 again Big Grin. I'm sure you'll have a good overclock ;)

My fan cooler

My results. I ran 6m 21s torture test(type FFT) at 3895Mhz (I can't pull up overclock because my motherboard it's a bit old). I never pass 57ºC and 51 on core 1 as you can see. I never "touch" 60ºC. Obiously with 100% load.
In "stand-by" two cores runs on 38ºC.

P.S. from default E8500 comes with 3166Mhz.

Kaigen
I ran it for 30 mins and it was constant at 36C plus 38 for core1 and 39 for core2. For me, it looks ok but not sure about the multiplayer, i think i read that in the bios where it says 10x maybe. Anyway, im not going to overclock these days, just asking to make sure if the cooler i have is suitable for overclocking just when i want to do so.
When you buy a CPU, in our case intel they're sure that " it will works with 100% load always with our default cooler" (other coolers aren't they problem). But for do OC intel fan don't works because it's too much resistant to heat( intel default thermal resistant= 0,26) . Other fans ready for overclock have a thermal resistance of 0,20 or less. After overclock you should run again PRIME 95 for check it as I explained.

After that is a "waste" of time do tests without OC because it will be stable with must all cooler of the market. You can know when is stable after OC and run FFT's test Smile.

Ah don't forget you should have x9,5 multiplayer. Multiplayer is the "number" of times that you multiply your FSB on bios. For example:
Quote:
Having:
FSB=333
Multiplayer= x9,5
We have 3,16Ghz (333x9,5= 3.163,5 Mhz)

We're going to overclock :
Changing FSB = 400
Multiplayer= x9,5
We have 3,80Ghz (400x9,5= 3.800 Mhz)

Low multiplayer will supose less power. Always you perform OC test and test, be patient ;)Thumbsup

Blackhat

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graphic Card Advise ?????? bigkieth 5 1,026 08-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Omniscient