Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Currency
Yeah, I am assuming the "World Currency" is going to consist of a group of countries at first and widen as did Europeans with the Euro.

The thing I don't get it why Japan thinks the Yen should be the world currency. Who cares about the freakin' Yen? lol
Site Owner: http://www.awesomelounge.com

Feel free to join. It's full of greatness.

[Image: s1ckl3r2.png]
That's another side of it - many countries might not want to join in on it. For example, Great Britain hasn't joined Euro, due to the Pound being historic and etc.
Generally it's only the countries with crappy economies that want a world currency. It's useless. And kind of takes the point away from being a country.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(10-08-2009, 01:40 PM)Grizzly Wrote: Generally it's only the countries with crappy economies that want a world currency. It's useless. And kind of takes the point away from being a country.

I think it's more like countries want to join because it's a step towards world peace. Yes, I'm well aware world peace will never happen.

The UN was a step towards world peace as well. And look how big of a cluster f. that is.
(10-08-2009, 01:47 PM)Grizzly Wrote: The UN was a step towards world peace as well. And look how big of a cluster f. that is.

I agree with you there. It's gonna take a BIG step to even see a presence of world peace. (Ex. Nuclear war flattening out most countries)

(10-07-2009, 05:08 PM)Omniscient Wrote: It's called Paypal.

Well, it used to be payjerk. ;)
(10-07-2009, 05:08 PM)Omniscient Wrote: It's called Paypal.
Hahah, so true.

(10-08-2009, 05:13 AM)Etheryte Wrote: That's another side of it - many countries might not want to join in on it. For example, Great Britain hasn't joined Euro, due to the Pound being historic and etc.
I hate to generalize but most British people are so up themselves about the whole history thing..it's just getting stupid to be honest.
(10-07-2009, 06:06 PM)S1cKL3R Wrote: Yeah, I am assuming the "World Currency" is going to consist of a group of countries at first and widen as did Europeans with the Euro.

The thing I don't get it why Japan thinks the Yen should be the world currency. Who cares about the freakin' Yen? lol

Japanese people
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
(10-07-2009, 06:06 PM)S1cKL3R Wrote: Yeah, I am assuming the "World Currency" is going to consist of a group of countries at first and widen as did Europeans with the Euro.

Yeah... and I bet Japanese people are like "The cares about the freakin' dollar?"

Yeah I don't get why Japan thinks it should be the world currency either. Obviously they don't get that not many countries will want to unite under the currency of one country. If there is gonna be a world currency, it should have a whole new name.
Not many participated in this topic, we have more active members now, I'd like to bump this to get people talking again.

If there is any type of wrold currency it'll probably end up being a gold standard.