Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I come bearing a Name
(01-03-2010, 09:33 AM)Asha Kaeed Wrote: you can play games on linux as well - in WINE for example.. and there are many good games for linux like World of Goo and many more
I tried playing some Windows based games with wine, but they never worked properly. :/
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
(01-03-2010, 09:51 AM)Аноним Интерфейс Wrote: I tried playing some Windows based games with wine, but they never worked properly. :/
Ya wine is a good program when you can get it working right however man games just don't play right. there are not enough good rts's for linux. When you play games like command and conquer 3, supreme commander, and modern warfare 2, wine just doesn't work good enough. For instance many games need .net framwork to access online functions, so without that no online or lan play. While you can do tricks to get wine to install .net it still doesnt work right. I would rather just dual boot
welcome to support forums!
(01-03-2010, 07:53 AM)Аноним Интерфейс Wrote: Well, you certainly were fortunate enough to have the ability to work on computers at an early age. I learned the stuff above no less then 2 years ago.
Same here...I'm 17 and my family's never had much money. Therefore i lacked a computer throughout most of my life. It wasn't until I was 15 (when I got a job) that I got into them. I've still got a long way to go b4 i'll be a professional XD.
(01-11-2010, 05:13 AM)bloodrain2011 Wrote: Same here...I'm 17 and my family's never had much money. Therefore i lacked a computer throughout most of my life. It wasn't until I was 15 (when I got a job) that I got into them. I've still got a long way to go b4 i'll be a professional XD.
Ya im really poor as well, However since I seem to be the "professional" of the family i get all the scraped computers, giving me a place to test programs I write and as such break it and then fix it. The computers I "Own" range from 100 mhz to 3.0 ghz.