Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information about Anti-Viruses
There are many anti viruses out there, but which one is best?

There is no actual best anti virus, there are good ones and bad ones. An AV always have advantages and disadvantages no matter what. Don't bother asking people which one is better because they will be biased and will always side with the AV they are using.

You can check this site for AV comparatives

If you look at the test results (every one of them) you can see that the AV you are using right now has advantages and disadvantages. It might be good on-demand and performance, but terrible removal or vice versa.

I hope you guys look through the graphs and decide for yourself which AV you use.

HAPPY NEW YEARS 2010
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
I don't use a Anti Virus nor a fire wall. I guess I'm just cyber smart to know what to download and what not to. And what sites to go on and what not.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
(12-31-2009, 06:03 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: I don't use a Anti Virus nor a fire wall. I guess I'm just cyber smart to know what to download and what not to. And what sites to go on and what not.

I don't know if someone is protected just by doing what you do, the web is so dangerous these days... Anyway, for me I got Microsoft Security Essentials and no firewall, i think it's ok...

Thanks for the article, people will get an idea of what AV they want!
[Image: f_pgfbb4em_bde9974.png]
(12-31-2009, 06:03 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: I don't use a Anti Virus nor a fire wall. I guess I'm just cyber smart to know what to download and what not to. And what sites to go on and what not.

I applaud your bravery, I not sure I could do the same. To me its like saying, "I don't need locks for my doors, I'm just street smart enough to who and who not to let into my house'' lol.
[Image: tje1.png]

I'm sorry ,but that is a very stupid decision seeing as you can get viruses at any time and 45% of the time its remote attackers trying to breach your network.
Good and Bad you Decide.
SupermanDevlish
(01-03-2010, 07:55 PM)conrados1 Wrote: I'm sorry ,but that is a very stupid decision seeing as you can get viruses at any time and 45% of the time its remote attackers trying to breach your network.

Indeed it is, and I know it is. But it's my choice, I want to take the risk anyway. I'm also using Linux, so it lowers it a little.
(01-03-2010, 08:12 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: Indeed it is, and I know it is. But it's my choice, I want to take the risk anyway. I'm also using Linux, so it lowers it a little.

A little, but you have to remember if you have a dual boot with windows and you get a virus on linux it can still affect both partions.
Good and Bad you Decide.
SupermanDevlish
(01-04-2010, 04:05 PM)conrados1 Wrote: A little, but you have to remember if you have a dual boot with windows and you get a virus on linux it can still affect both partions.
Linux:Windows ; difference? No AV needed:AV essential.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
(01-04-2010, 04:05 PM)conrados1 Wrote: A little, but you have to remember if you have a dual boot with windows and you get a virus on linux it can still affect both partions.

I don't dual boot. I do have Windows on this computer, but I have it in a seperate HardDrive, I have dual harddrives.
(01-04-2010, 04:24 PM)Аноним Интерфейс Wrote: Linux:Windows ; difference? No AV needed:AV essential.

Actually, there are linux viruses out there, just very few. So you would still need an av for linux, but it's just not as important. You're over doing it when you say you absolutely don't need an AV for linux.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Explanation] Everything you MUST know about viruses [MUST read] Vexna 11 2,522 11-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Nickelodeon
  ☺ The Top of the Line Top 5 Anti-Viruses Around Town ☺ Resistance 87 28,218 09-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Grin
  [Tutorial]Anti anti's! bling111 3 1,559 05-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Boing7898
  Anti-Viruses are useless alfonzo1955 18 5,324 12-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Last Post: SiR CRaCk AL0T
  (Question) Best Secondary Use Anti-Viruses? Resistance 9 1,932 11-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Last Post: SlimDeath