Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
test my VB.NET calculator!
The first application of my amateur software company, Porosis Software, will be an advanced calculator and mathematical tool, named Mathanasis v4.0. I have almost finished making it(I only need to make a help file), but I decided to release a beta, so as to track any errors. Please download the beta here and tell me what you think.
Notice: It was made in VB 2008 and .NET framework 2.0

The first application of my amateur software company, Porosis Software, will be an advanced calculator and mathematical tool, named Mathanasis v4.0. I have almost finished making it(I only need to make a help file), but I decided to release a beta, so as to track any errors. Please download the beta here and tell me what you think.
Notice: It was made in VB 2008 and .NET framework 2.0

Screenshots:

Virus Report:
My software company: Porosis Software
Games: Terrantula
Apps: Mathanasis, ColorGrabber
[Image: 12621632115931_wtf.jpg]

Care to explain why a calculator would want to access the net?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Yeah, it has a converter that will download the latest currency. However, if you don't trust it, you can deactivate it from the Options dialog.
Well i for one will never use it. Had it not have tripped my firewall then i would have tested and reported back but based on that i will not.
Perhaps if this is a genuine build you change this.
The Rules!

(12-30-2009, 02:00 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Well i for one will never use it. Had it not have tripped my firewall then i would have tested and reported back but based on that i will not.
Perhaps if this is a genuine build you change this.
What do you want me to do?
Something where it offers you the option to update rather than try do it in the background.
That said i did test this file on many av's and it comes back safe so i guess i may be a bit harsh on you.
Still i would have it ask permission rather than just try access net automatically. Its only a calculator at the end of the day.
The Rules!

Ok then. As I told you, you can disable auto update from the options dialog. So, I will make it auto update disabled as a default but the user will have the ability to enable it. And no AV will find anything wrong, because there isn't anything wrong.
i am going to try that
hope its not infected
Works brilliant..
[Image: 20r9vh4.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [VB.NET]Console app Menu example (amortization calculator)[Source] KoBE 8 7,608 12-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Last Post: mouse719
  How to make a simple calculator B3cnoc 5 1,462 07-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Relapse
  Optiikzz Calculator SouR'D 17 2,011 08-26-2010, 05:59 AM
Last Post: nextlive
  [Pandora Incorporated]Visual Basic 2008 - Calculator [VIDEO TUTORIAL] Marik™ 1 1,025 06-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Marik™
  The latest version(4.1) of my calculator released! thanasis2028 2 799 05-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Last Post: NathanE