Support Forums

Full Version: test my VB.NET calculator!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The first application of my amateur software company, Porosis Software, will be an advanced calculator and mathematical tool, named Mathanasis v4.0. I have almost finished making it(I only need to make a help file), but I decided to release a beta, so as to track any errors. Please download the beta here and tell me what you think.
Notice: It was made in VB 2008 and .NET framework 2.0

The first application of my amateur software company, Porosis Software, will be an advanced calculator and mathematical tool, named Mathanasis v4.0. I have almost finished making it(I only need to make a help file), but I decided to release a beta, so as to track any errors. Please download the beta here and tell me what you think.
Notice: It was made in VB 2008 and .NET framework 2.0

Screenshots:

Virus Report:
[Image: 12621632115931_wtf.jpg]

Care to explain why a calculator would want to access the net?
Yeah, it has a converter that will download the latest currency. However, if you don't trust it, you can deactivate it from the Options dialog.
Well i for one will never use it. Had it not have tripped my firewall then i would have tested and reported back but based on that i will not.
Perhaps if this is a genuine build you change this.
(12-30-2009, 02:00 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]Well i for one will never use it. Had it not have tripped my firewall then i would have tested and reported back but based on that i will not.
Perhaps if this is a genuine build you change this.
What do you want me to do?
Something where it offers you the option to update rather than try do it in the background.
That said i did test this file on many av's and it comes back safe so i guess i may be a bit harsh on you.
Still i would have it ask permission rather than just try access net automatically. Its only a calculator at the end of the day.
Ok then. As I told you, you can disable auto update from the options dialog. So, I will make it auto update disabled as a default but the user will have the ability to enable it. And no AV will find anything wrong, because there isn't anything wrong.
i am going to try that
hope its not infected
Works brilliant..