Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ive been a dumb ass and deleted some windows files
..Are they still in the Trash Bin?
Try System Restore.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Well I never said you were a noob just assuming you were, I get it now. But yea try system restore before anything.
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
lol its ok my friend, yea i did a system restore and i can honestly say it did do it once but ive restarted my laoptop a few times today "Installing/Uninstalling" stuff, and its not done it once, im not to bothered about the 1 missing icon that still lurks in my contorl panel.

Thanks for your help anyway seems to be running fine now, i think now it could of possibly bin a virus im not 100% sure.
(12-29-2009, 04:26 PM)Agent Wrote: You can try this: http://www.aumha.org/a/recover.php
I just downloaded and gave it a go, it found a heap of things i had deleted from the recycle bin.
It's freeware.
If you don't know the names of the files or what you are looking for just leave the search bit blank and search C:
It should still find/recover a bunch of data. Filter through it and restore what you need.

Cheers m8 ill give it ago ;)
You shouldn't actually have been able to delete any files...
Usually when you restart system recovery takes over and puts them back.
Did you have it turned off?
You could just restore your computer to a date before you decided to be silly.
Download Tweakui from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downl...rtoys.mspx

It has some repair icon functions which might work.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
dont worry .. I was dumb enough to uninstall my network manager and wpa_supplicant in ubuntu - i had this crazy idea that i need to crack the WEP of my neighbour ... I was thinking that after i had downloaded the package it will be installable w/o internet connection.. but alas... i had to reinstall ubuntu from my cd which was jaunty jackalope over my karmic koala installation - the thing asked me if i want to format my hdd and I was like ye why not - karmic looks better.. so i .. its hard to say it .. but.. i formatted my hdd Huh