Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Windows 8 in Development.
Its a bit hard to explain.

I'll try to do it simply, but don't take it to seriously because its only a breif explanation.

There are many lines, or traces, on your board. Very Old computers have 16 lines (16bit), newer computers have 32 (32bit), most computers being produced nowadays would have 64 (64bit) and some of the latest have 128 (128bit). The CPU can send and receive "bits" (1s and 0s) through these lines. The very first computers could send them 1 after the other along the same line. This was very slow and I think it was called pipelining. Then some genius discovered that if he had more lines, he could send more bits at the same time. so with 16 lines he could send 16 bits of information, speeding it up (theoretically) by 16 times!
Unfortunately, this can only be used with physical ranges of up to 3 meters. Anything longer then this causes the bits to fall out of sync and the data becomes corrupt. This is caused by the physical properties of the wire being used, as every single wire has a unique resistance to and electrical current.
Just apply that to 32, 64 and 128 bit computers.
(12-29-2009, 05:58 PM)Extasey Wrote: Its ridiculous really. They seem to be timing themselves perfectly to make more and more money.

Yes, but remember, Windows is always on development.

About 128 bits, informations are confusing. 128bits have to be implemented in CPUs and intel and AMD will work a lot for do it a reality. But some people said that 128 won't be on Windows 8.
I got Windows 7 for the moment and im very satisfied of it, if they release Windows 8, i will buy it for my own computer(i don't have one for the moment), Microsoft implement some new features but i think that they are not really necessary...
I love Microsoft but there's a limit xD I won't spend alll my cash on every OS they release...
[Image: f_pgfbb4em_bde9974.png]
(01-01-2010, 06:19 AM)Liberty Wrote: I love Microsoft

I hate Microchof haha
They need to get rid of the 32 bit ....i mean we gotta move ahead sometime and putting 32 bit on a os just takes up space and time
(01-01-2010, 03:52 PM)bloodrain2011 Wrote: They need to get rid of the 32 bit ....i mean we gotta move ahead sometime and putting 32 bit on a os just takes up space and time

But is the way of progress. One day 32 bits will be outdated forever. And 128 will be efficiently Smile
Man there are going to be millions of pissed people. When you think about it who has 32 bit computers generally lower to middle class people do. If they decide to stop 32 bit production just to force these people to buy 64 or 128 bit products then they could revolt in a way so unimaginable that it would shake the very foundation of microsoft as we know it.
JK XD
In theory.
Good and Bad you Decide.
SupermanDevlish
(01-03-2010, 08:50 PM)conrados1 Wrote: Man there are going to be millions of pissed people. When you think about it who has 32 bit computers generally lower to middle class people do. If they decide to stop 32 bit production just to force these people to buy 64 or 128 bit products then they could revolt in a way so unimaginable that it would shake the very foundation of microsoft as we know it.
JK XD
In theory.

Microsoft has tried to force the world to buy powerful PCs with Vista and they fail. Probably they won't discontinue 32 bits with Windows 8. We should have 3 Windows versions (32,64 and 128 bits)
(01-04-2010, 11:01 AM)kaigen Wrote: Microsoft has tried to force the world to buy powerful PCs with Vista and they fail. Probably they won't discontinue 32 bits with Windows 8. We should have 3 Windows versions (32,64 and 128 bits)

If they try people will finally realize the wonders of mac and linux.
(01-05-2010, 02:16 PM)Whinis Wrote: If they try people will finally realize the wonders of mac and linux.

Nobody's gonna realize anything about mac because there's nothing to realize. Vista sucked I'll be the first to admit but 7 really wow'd me...and i hope 8 will do the same